Title: Intern, Real Property Administration 2020
Location: NORTH AMERICA-USA-OKLAHOMA-BARTLESVILLE
Job Number: 00SIZ
As a Real Property Administration (RPA) intern you will be exposed to lease, contract, and division order ownership analysis, computerized mapping, and data integrity/analysis projects in ConocoPhillips land systems - the same challenging assignments as our full-time hires. RPA interns will participate in site wide internship activities such as field trips, seminars, social activities, and opportunities to meet senior management. Your supervisor and your mentor will provide coaching and guidance throughout your internship as well as periodic performance evaluations.
Your internship will culminate with a presentation designed to showcase your knowledge of your work assignments and other elements of your internship experience.
Assignments will be at our site located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma. Typical length of our internships varies from 10 to 14 weeks based on the project and your availability.
Responsibilities may include:
- Analyze and interpret oil and gas leases and contracts to determine legal ownership, acreage figures, payment amounts and obligation dates
- Analyze and interpret legal ownership through the examination of oil and gas leases, contracts, division order title opinions, and other title documents to be used in calculating the decimal of ownership attributable to production
- Maintain legal ownership pursuant to analysis and interpretation of necessary legal documentation (conveyances, probate, court orders, etc.) in accordance with respective state laws and regulations
- Interpret marketing arrangements to determine who will be remitting to COP and to whom COP will disburse
- Establish and maintain cost ownership and Council of Petroleum Accountants Society (COPAS) data in the system to assure proper partner billing
- Ensure efficient termination activities for producing areas when ConocoPhillips' involvement ceases
- Ensure the timely facilitation of relinquishments of oil and gas leases to avoid penalties, financial misstatements and unnecessary payments
- Develop a positive rapport with internal and external customers
At ConocoPhillips innovation and excellence create a platform for opportunity and growth. We are the world's largest independent Exploration and Production company and we don't hire just the GPA, we hire the person who earned it.
We strive to represent and reflect the global communities in which we live and work. To deliver superior performance, we create an inclusive environment that respects the contributions and differences of every individual. We believe that diverse opinions, ideas and perspectives are what fuels innovation throughout our company, and we all play a role in giving our company a competitive business advantage.
Real Property Administration Overview
Real Property Administration is an exciting, functionally unique group. We are comprised of three primary asset regions: Great Plains North, Great Plains South and the Gulf Coast. Each asset is unique and provides opportunity for growth in skills and experience. Whether working in Division Order or Property Maintenance, your daily activities can vary depending on projects, time sensitive deadlines, and additional responsibilities that may arise. This gives way to an interesting and challenging environment pushing individuals to excel in their performance.
Real Property Administration is a leveraged, multi-functional organization responsible for establishing, maintaining, and protecting the legal ownership of real property assets for ConocoPhillips. We provide distinct value to the company through analyzing legal documents such as oil and gas leases, contracts, title opinions, and conveyance documents to establish and maintain joint venture and revenue ownership. We also field owner inquiries regarding lease interpretations, ownership interest calculations, payments, and transfer of ownership. Additionally, we maintain lease acquisition cost, and create visual representation through use of spatial data for both surface and mineral ownership to facilitate business decisions.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States as a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee or asylee and will not need sponsorship now or in the future
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher in Business, Accounting, Finance, Energy Management, Agricultural Economics, Economics or other related discipline or foreign equivalent
- Current level in college: Freshman through Senior
- Expected graduation date: Fall 2020 through Spring/Fall 2023
- A minimum of ten (10) continuous weeks availability for internship
- A minimum cumulative and major GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Previous internships or co-op's in an energy related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Ability to deliver results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
- Ability to generate effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
- Adaptability to respond resourcefully, flexibly, and positively when faced with new challenges and demands
- Develop strong relationships based on trust and seeks opportunities to collaborate across the matrix/organizational boundaries to achieve business goals
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of October 31, 2019.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee or asylee. Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F (F1-Academic Student), G, H (H1-B), I, J, L, M (M1-Vocational Student), NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
Job Function: Internships, Graduate Positions, and Student Programs
Job Level: Individual Contributor/Staff Level
Line of Business: FINANCIAL SERVICES
Title: Intern, Real Property Administration 2020