Title: IT GGRE Workflow & Support Analyst
Location: NORTH AMERICA-USA-ALASKA-ANCHORAGE
Job Number: 00SUD
ConocoPhillips is the world's largest independent E&P company based on production and proved reserves. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, ConocoPhillips had operations and activities in 16 countries, $70 billion of total assets, and approximately 10,800 employees as of Dec. 31, 2018. Production excluding Libya averaged 1,242 MBOED in 2018, and preliminary proved reserves were 5.3 billion BOE as of Dec. 31, 2018.
Employees across the globe focus on fulfilling our core SPIRIT Values of safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation and teamwork. And we apply the characteristics that define leadership excellence in how we engage each other, collaborate with our teams, and drive the business.
ConocoPhillips Alaska and its heritage companies have more than 50 years of business history in Alaska. As Alaska's largest oil and gas producer, the company produced an average 182 thousand barrels of oil and 9 million cubic feet of gas per day. ConocoPhillips, with about 1,100 Alaska employees, holds major ownership interests in the Prudhoe Bay Unit, the Kuparuk River Unit, and the Colville River Unit (Alpine). ConocoPhillips operates the Kuparuk and Alpine oil fields, has an ownership interest in the Trans Alaska Pipeline System (TAPS) and owns/operates the Polar Tankers fleet.
If you are selected as the GGRE Application Support & Workflow Analyst position, you will be responsible for the provision and support of application solutions, standard methodologies of data and information management within ConocoPhillips. You will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of workflows and working directly with users to resolve their issues in working with the application and data. Your job duties may include working with the Services team to ensure constant standards and implementation of the software. Your duties would also include ensuring the quality of the application and accuracy of data and assisting in the defining and implementing of best practices.
Key success factors include but aren't limited to the following:
- Utilizing technical expertise to provide end-to-end experience for clients
- Ability to successfully integrate into a team environment as a solid standout colleague
- Self-motivated and seeks new, innovative opportunities and ideas
- Adapting quickly to re-prioritized work queues
- Working several priority initiatives in parallel
- Ability to dig deep into solving technical application or data issues where they may be little to no existing team expertise
- Support application and data workflows related to Geology, Geophysics, and Reservoir Engineering discipline
- Collaborate closely with business customers/subject matter experts, and local and Corporate IT to design, develop and support applications, workflows and data efforts
- Collaborate and coordinate with Global and Other Business units to deliver efficient workflows and innovative solutions to the business
- Participate in planning and projects for application upgrade, data migration and infrastructure upgrade
- Provide timely estimates of the effort required to complete tasks/projects
- Produce code, scripts and configurations necessary to fulfill the design requirements
- Solve, debug and resolve client reported issues including identifying defect root causes
- Create and update documentation for application management procedures, workflows and data management best practices
- Generate and document test cases for application upgrade, data migration, etc.
- Coordinate the testing and release of new versions of applications and plugins with Geoscience user community
- Partnering with other groups as needed (ex: Business Analysts) to test new tools and fix application issues
- Communicating issues/downtime regarding applications to Solutions Analysts and Customers
- Monitor and prioritize response to application related service tickets
- Provide timely two-way communication between the customer, team, and others both inside and outside the company
- Lead prioritization of project work and enhancements in alignment with business goals and strategy
- Partnering with vendors for escalated support
- Provides best practices to the Geo Technicians and Data Managers to load geo and petro technical data to Alaska Data Repositories.
- Maintain and handle Petrel Studio and Folder architecture for well, seismic and interpretation data
- Lead/participate in the management of wells and well data.
- Work with geoscience teams to progress the nxtGen G&G platform transition to Petrel- Studio
- Responsible for Petrel-Studio data management, migration from OpenWorks to Petrel
- Perform well and seismic data quality exercise and migrate from OpenWorks to Petrel
- Make QC'ed and processed data readily available to end-users.
- Create and maintain workflows and scripts to improve the efficiency of geoscience workflows, data quality and information management
- OpenWorks data - 2D/3D seismic and well data quality determination and issue resolution
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Geoscience, Computer Science or related discipline or foreign equivalent
- 5 years of geoscience technical support experience working in development assets and areas of data management, and geoscience workflow support
- 5 years of oil & gas industry experience
- Willing and able to travel 10% (with or without reasonable accommodations) on a yearly basis
- 1 years direct experience working with or supporting applications
- Ability to liaise with the following other support groups including Customers, Business Analysts, Data Analysts and technical assistants (Geotechs) within business units
- Experience with UNIX, LINUX and Windows based systems
- Deep understanding of application deployment in UNIX and Windows Environment
- Deep understanding of information systems and structured & unstructured data
- Intermediate SQL query writing and performance tuning expertise
- Intermediate scripting experience (Python, Perl, PL/SQL, .NET etc.)
- Previous experience in GGRE applications (Petrel, Studio, Techlog, OpenWorks, DSG etc.)
- Proficiency in well, seismic and interpretation data types and workflows.
- Critical minimum data experience - Well Headers/Wellbore, Directional Surveys, Logs, Picks, Checkshots etc.
- Understanding of basic Petrophysical processes and log curve management
- Understanding of Advanced Geology and Geophysics workflows (Velocity Modelling, Seismic Well Tie, Structural Modelling & Property, etc.)
- Experience in Seismic data management (Pre and Post stack trace data)
- Experience in Seismic navigation (including geospatial positioning)
- Experience in Application troubleshooting, administration and workflow automation
- Strong Critical thinking and Problem-solving skills to resolve application and data related problems
- Ability to learn new applications and techniques quickly
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and manage challenging priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including documentation
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments
- Sees the "big picture" and actively looks for creative opportunities within IT and the business
- Responds inventively, flexibly and positively when faced with tight deadlines, challenges and demands
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to delivering results while maintaining a safe environment
- Experience in data cleansing in context of understanding of smooth data migration.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a) (1). Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
**ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or e