Senior Consultant - Industrial Engineering
- Posted: over a month ago
The Senior Consultant is a core part of the project team, responsible for daily leadership and working at a client location on IE Service consulting projects. The primary role of the Senior Consultant is to provided daily leadership, technical guidance, manage client relations and project management in support of successful completion of project deliverables. The Senior Consultant will serve as a key contributor on client projects while learning the role of Manager.
Duties and responsibilities
Our expectation is that you model the core values by which the Connors Group operates:
- Always demonstrate professional and ethical behavior
- Provide exceptional value to our clients
- Provide the highest quality of service through your work
- Contribute to making Connors Group a great place to work
- Contribute to helping make our communities better places to live
- Serve as Project Lead for a single project - provide supporting daily leadership, project management and expertise on project teams, including time and motion studies, work measurement, cost-benefit analysis, and process re-engineering activities
- Assess the current state of a client’s business processes, gather requirements, and re-engineer new business processes, capabilities, and supporting technologies
- Responsible for self-time management, progress reporting of tasks to direct project lead and to stay productive whether onsite with a team, by yourself or working remotely
- Collaborate with all levels of the project team and interface with client team members
- Conduct time and motion studies and work measurement tasks for development of engineered labor standards, cost-benefit analysis, and process re-engineering activities
- Analyze results of various studies and assist in the creation of engineered labor standards
- Development of project proposals, presentations, and new client activities as requested
- Perform research into new technologies that provide efficiency gains for our clients’ businesses
- Creation of project proposals, presentations, and new client activities as requested
- Travel extensively (80-100%), and sometimes independently, throughout the US and Internationally
- Lead client engagements including client staff and internal teams. Effectively interact and communicate directly with clients. Lead junior staff on internal projects.
- Demonstrate business understanding enough to prioritize important tasks in all project work.
- Develop comprehensive presentations at the appropriate level of detail.
- Demonstrate technical mastery of multiple subjects. Perform complex analysis with minimal guidance. Demonstrate ability to condense a complex subjects and findings in writing.
- Demonstrate the role of the professional consultant and the technical skills required to be an effective Industrial Engineer
- Demonstrate initiative, responsibility, and analytical thinking
- Demonstrate understanding of Top-Down ELS development, including Rt/Allowed Deviation and use of sensitivity analysis
- Effectively write technical summaries to explain your work
- Demonstrate strong Excel-based abilities, use of regression analysis and other data-mining techniques
- Flexibility to work alternative hours, including evenings and weekends
- Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent
- 4-8 years’ experience in a consulting role using Industrial Engineering principles.
- Mastery of core IE principles:
- Engineered Labor Standards
- Time studies
- Workplace Organization and Visual Management
- Method and Process Design and Improvement
- Staffing Design
- Strong analytics and reporting skills
- Strong work ethic and capability to work independently
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership – with internal teams and clients
- Knowledge of change management principles, ability to create influence in implementing recommended solutions
- Demonstrated ability to assess and solve problems
- Excellence knowledge and functional capabilities with MS Office including: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Access to reliable auto transportation and a major US airport
- Project Management
- Retail/Labor Management/Labor Scheduling Systems
- Warehouse and/or Labor Management Systems
Consultants, at times, must work in challenging, non-standard environments. This could include:
- Time of day: Evenings (5 PM - 10 PM), overnight shifts (10 PM – 6 AM),
- Day of week: Weekends (Saturday/Sunday)
- Strenuous Activity: Continuous walking throughout the shift, standing on your feet the entire shift
- Environmental: Client sites with abnormal temperatures, such as but not limited to, above 70°, between 37° and 50°, and below 32°
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the on-going needs of the organization.
Connors & Associates
BusinessView all jobs at Connors & Associates