Job Purpose: Provide temporary office/clerical assistance to a busy family owned accounting/tax office during the upcoming tax season. Office clerk will be a back up to all the accountants/ tax preparers working in the office.
Includes all but not limited to the following items.
1) Answer phone calls and set client appointments using office scheduling software.
2) Follow-up with clients if need be to obtain information needed to complete returns.
3) Greet clients that walk-in and answer any general inquiries from clients.
4) Basic data entry of client information into office computer system.
5) Help office staff track progress of client files from beginning to end via client logbook and software.
6) Copying and printing of client information and/or copies for clients.
7) Retrieve files of clients for accountants and tax preparers as needed. Organize and file away client files into their proper locations in the file room. Update those files as needed.
8) Light housekeeping of the office such as help cleaning up break-room, restroom, organizing desks and etc.
9) Organizing office supplies and making sure that office does not run out of any office supplies. Notify office manager when supplies are low.
10) Work with accountants/tax preparers on any other miscellaneous duties that are assigned. Even though the office might not seem busy during any given time of day, there is always something to do!
1) A high school diploma is required, and some college coursework is preferred.
2) Must have at least 1 year of working in an office setting in a clerical capacity.
3) Must pass background check
4) Must be willing and able to maintain client and office confidentiality laws, per IRS regulations.
1) Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be fluent in English and be able to communicate effectively (written and verbal). Bi-Lingual: English-Spanish or English-Tagalog is preferred but not required.
2) Social perceptiveness: Ability to discern the needs of office workers and clients using verbal and non-verbal ques.
3) Polite: Showing respect and consideration of others, especially with clients.
4) Active Listening Skills
5) Time and Organizational Management
6) Attention to Detail
Part of the interview process will be to take 3 clerical assessment tests. Each test will last five minutes. Applicant will be tested on numerical and alphabetical organization, as well as attention to detail.