Title: Senior Project Manager
Location: Milford, MA
The PM will lead periodic steering team and project governance meetings to provide the Executive Leadership team with timely updates on overall program and individual project status, and identify and mitigate risks to project timelines, budget, quality, and scope. The PM provides guidance to multi-disciplinary project teams to ensure accountability to timelines, budget, quality, and scope.
- Develop program/project management process including program dashboard, project status reporting, and governance/steering committee structure.
- Lead periodic steering team and project governance meetings.
- Manage program management operations (scheduling meetings, sending agendas, defining meeting objectives, preparing minutes and following-up with team members on critical action items).
- Manage overall program timelines and work closely with project teams to identify/define resource needs and risks, as well as identifying and understanding key project dependencies within the program to ensure seamless project execution.
- Implement program and project management tools and templates to facilitate effective planning and communication.
- Act as Project Manager where required on key projects and initiatives.
- Coach and mentor functional area project team leads to effectively manage projects.
Knowledge, Experience and Technical Skills
- Strong project management, leadership, and active facilitation skills to ensure achievement of program goals and timelines.
- Ability to inspire, motivate, and hold accountable cross-functional teams in order to meet timelines within budget & scope.
- Ability to effectively communicate to and interact with all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and influencing skills
- Passion for continuous improvement and the ability to successfully lead company-wide change efforts
- Goal-oriented individual who enjoys problem solving and who actively seeks additional learning.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, or relevant Life Sciences area required
- Master’s degree in business preferred
- 5 to 10 years of increasing leadership/responsibility in Project or Program Management roles required
- Industry experience in biopharmaceutical, medical device, biologics, or diagnostic manufacturing companies preferred
- Experience managing programs and project across organizations with multiple sites strongly preferred.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing practices preferred
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint required.
- Expert Knowledge of Microsoft Visio required.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Project (or similar) required.
- PMP Certification preferred