Job Title: Material Handler (1st Shift)
Duration: 6-month temp position, potential for extension
Location: San Diego, CA
Hours: 6 am-2:30 pm Monday-Friday
Pay Rate: $16.00 ($19.00 hour until 8/1 as an “incentive pay”)
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule packaging activities based on daily shipment priorities.
- Package and label all outgoing products, product boxes and shipments.
- Create and maintain packaging procedures.
- Identify non-conforming materials or product.
- Work with inventory control and shipping to insure prompt completion of packaging and shipping process.
- Update routing steps in Oracle for material tracking.
- Provide Support to shipping/receiving and stockroom
- Correctly package all products according to packaging requirements.
- Correctly label several product lines based on defined labeling requirements.
- Prevent risks associated with shipping damage by properly following all defined procedures.
- Prevent waste of materials.
- Prevent material shortages or over stocking by close communication with inventory personnel.
- Program temperature tracking devices.
- Read and log results of incoming temperature logging devices.
- Maintain individual work area/equipment in a neat, orderly manner.
- This responsibility includes proper disposal of packaging waste, proper storage and use of equipment and parts, and management of documentation needed to perform duties identified within this job description.
- Work with Manufacturing support groups to improve existing packaging operations methods and assist in the development of new methods
- Work well within a team environment.
- Comply with all work safety rules and regulations.
- Perform assembly of medical devices and decontamination of incoming medical devices requiring repair.