Marketing Assistant (PERM)
Location: Boston, MA
Reporting to the Business Development Director, the Marketing Assistant will assist the Marketing Department in support of the Firm’s marketing and business development efforts. This is an ideal position for a career-oriented, team player and self-starter with a willingness to take on more responsibilities with time.
The Assistant will work closely with the other members of the marketing communications and business development teams, as well as the financial services, human resources, professional development, and legal administration departments.
Duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support and assist with a variety of firm and client-related events.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the Firm’s Client Relationship Management (CRM) system, ContactEase.
- Track business development efforts within CRM system.
- Maintain the Firm’s online store, and handle client gift requests.
- Help manage targeted mailing lists for Firm hosted events and sponsorships.
- Assist with drafting directory and league table submissions
- Schedule and manage client teams and other meetings for department.
- Assist in updating marketing collateral and assembling pitch packages.
- Assist with client, prospect and peer firm research requests.
- Collect matter and transaction experience in Firm’s database
- Organize Firm-branded inventory and track marketing supplies.
- Perform other day-to-day projects and department related duties as needed.
- Reliable team player with a positive attitude and strong commitment to customer service.
- Collaborates effectively, organizes and prioritizes assignments and contributes to the department’s ability to meet or exceed goals and standards.
- Maintains current knowledge of trends and developments affecting the area of specialization.
- Uses innovative thinking and exercises sound judgment to achieve results.
- Detail-oriented and committed to producing work of the highest quality.
- Bachelor’s degree required; marketing/business/communications or other related degree a plus.
- 1-2 years of experience working in a fast-paced, client-focused environment preferred; law firm or similar professional services experience a plus.
- Experience with data quality management is preferred.
- Organized, flexible, and able to adapt to multiple shifting priorities in a deadline-driven, demanding work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively with professionals at all levels.
- Ability to process information from a wide variety of sources and understand oral/written instructions.
- Proficiency with Outlook, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; knowledge of website content management systems and CRM a plus.
- Willing to work occasional additional hours as needed.
- Must have minimal physical mobility. Position may occasionally require standing, walking, reaching, and lifting up to 15 pounds.
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly and to read and follow detailed instructions.
- Must have the ability to prepare assorted documents and other related materials.
- Must have the ability to work effectively under time deadlines.