Logistics/Supply Chain Analyst
- $28 to $45 Daily
Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Job Title: Logistics Analyst II
Location: Newark, DE 19702 -100% Onsite in Newark, Travel 30% of time to another location 30 min away from Newark site
Hours: M-F 8am-5pm
100% onsite with travel up to 30% to Logan Township (30 min away)
- Ok to be earlier on in their career, must have 4 year degree and ERP experience
- This is a business role, not a warehouse role
- Must have good job history
- This is a 1 year contract, goal to convert, but not guaranteed
- Must be extremely professional, strong communication skills, must be analytical
- This an office job, will be going into a corporate office and must be able to communicate with all levels of people
- This is not a warehouse role, it’s systems driven data driven
- Can teach Oracle, but Must have some ERP experience and an understanding of how to do data analysis and reporting, gathering metrics, etc.
Top must haves
-4 year degree
-Highly proficient in MS Excel and data analysis
-Professional in interview (have to dress for it and take it seriously)
Nice to have
-Business intelligence reporting software
-2 year degree
Job titles or industry experience that would be successful in this role:
-Supply Chain Analyst
- Logistics Analyst
-Distribution Analyst (maybe a planner, but this is not a warehouse supervisory position, they will be doing Excel, ERP, data, etc)
-Prefer med device or pharma because highly regulated, but open to all industries if they have strong analytical skills and experience in distribution and logistics
Interview Process: Virtual teams interview and then onsite interview
Organizes and implements a variety of responsibilities related to the ?ow of materials, products, services and associated systems information. Duties involve but are not limited to supply chain services, inventory control, critical parts availability, material handling, import-export licensing, shipment of products, and third-party warehousing. Evaluates customer support and ?eld service commitments to ensure customer requirements are met. Serves as liaison between sales and operations teams to develop concepts and coordinate product knowledge; provides data analysis for
production planning and volume studies; and participates in process/rating improvement efforts. Assists in developing logistics plans and procedures.
Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues. Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below-mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
- Develops thorough understanding of our products and internal processes.
- Publishes and reports out of KPIs and metrics on 3PL performance
- Analyze data extracts from WMS and ERP systems to gain insights on trends and root cause investigation
- Develops network and relationships with Warehouse Management, Sales Support, and Inventory Control.
- Supports the day-to-day planning of pick list releases for clients across the distribution center.
- Ensure all orders are planned and prioritized to meet or exceed customer expectations and follow the first expiration, first out (FEFO) inventory management policies for Domestic and last expiration, first out (LEFO) for International.
- Responsible for monitoring orders through the entire process, ensuring orders are 100% completed physically and systematically
- Collaborate with the Warehouse Teams on enabling more efficient flows and properly sized picking locations.
- Prioritize hot/emergency orders through the waving process and Warehouse Management’s prioritization of waves.
- Partner with Inventory Team regarding shortages and communicating order adjustments.
- Work closely with Client Services and IT to address any missing data or systems problems that will prevent the wave from completing.
- Provide periodic status reports in written and verbal formats to Warehouse Management, Client Services, IT and Inventory
- Conducts daily review of customer orders and analyzes critical orders requiring expedited processing.
- Manages the allocation of shipments to be processed.
- Accurate preparation and processing of customer orders
- Works closely with all replenishment, picking and shipping associates daily.
- Creates order/inventory moves in the system across multiple order types.
- Ensure accuracy of orders and processes matching systems and/or paperwork to maintain high levels of inventory accuracy and client satisfaction.
- Follow quality protocols, complying with Warehouse and Good Distribution policies and Standard Operation Procedures
- Conduct work in a safe and effective manner and take appropriate action to correct unsafe acts, systems, and procedures. Participates in safety programs.
- Comply with relevant laws, company guidelines and requirements through adherence to company policies relating to quality, safety, attendance, and housekeeping.
- Continually evaluate effectiveness of systems and recommend changes where appropriate. Actively participate in continuous improvement projects.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Travel (please specify): Regular travel to 3PL DC in New Jersey & 10-20% travel within the United States
- Preferred Minimum Non-Technical Degree: College Degree
- Preferred Minimum Technical/Advanced Degree: Technical Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferred Minimum Non-Technical Degree: 2-5 Years
- Preferred Minimum Technical/Advanced Degree: 1-2 Years with Technical Bachelor’s Degree, 0-2 Years with Master’s Degree
- Experience implementing new business processes and supporting organizational change
- Prior production and inventory control experience
- Experience with Oracle ERP system is beneficial.
- Experience with Agile Product Lifecycle Management system is beneficial.
- Experience in an FDA approved Medical Device Environment is beneficial.
- Knowledge of MPS, MRP, Capacity Planning and Production Control.
- Knowledge of distribution processes including replenishment, picking, packing, quality checks, and receiving.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow all written procedures.
- Strong, effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Must be able to read, write, and understand English.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills. Ability to interact throughout the organization and build credible relationships with multiple functions such as Warehouse Management, Sales Support, and Inventory Control.
- Strong reporting and analytical skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to resolve issues with systems or processes.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks with changing levels of priority.
- APICS or CPIM Certification is beneficial.
Connexion Systems & Engineering is a full-service staffing firm, whose mission is to provide "best in class" staffing services to our clients and job seekers alike. We strive to achieve excellence in staffing, job placement and recruiting services, while treating our clients, employees, and candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Connexion Systems & Engineering, Inc.Newark, DE
Transportation and Storage
Get fresh Logistics/Supply Chain Analyst jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.