JOB STATEMENT: The primary function of this position is to assist the Credit Union in achieving its Mission of improving the lives of our members, one member at a time. An Assistant Branch Manager must provide outstanding service to all members and identify and find solutions for their financial needs in order to better their financial lives. The person in this role is responsible for branch growth and profitability through the expansion and organic growth of retail and commercial members and member relationships, through business development within the branch community. In addition the position requires coaching of branch personnel on advocacy, sales, and service techniques. The position is also responsible for filling in for the Branch Manager during any absence.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: includes the following, and other duties may be assigned.
1. Delivers and ensures branch staff delivers high quality service to members as defined by our Advocacy Promises:
?We will always work in your best interest.
?We will work with you to understand your goals, identify your financial needs and provide solutions to improve your life.
?We will be responsive to you and make your experience simpler, faster and friendlier.
2. Coaches & Leads Branch personnel:
?Coaches sales and service skills to all branch team members. Works with other branch leaders to ensure sales & service coaching occurs regularly;
?Develops sales & service leadership skills in Service Coordinators, Member Service Representatives, and New Account Representatives;
?Assists in quality hiring for all branch positions
3. Assists Branch Manager in development of goal attainment strategy, analyzing results, making adjustments when goals are not met and celebrating when they are.
4. Coordinates, and monitors workflow and productivity to ensure high levels of accuracy, quality and quantity are maintained.
5. Drives branch reporting by working with the Branch Manager to compile individual branch results and combining results to measure the branch’s productivity.
6. Monitors daily operation of the Branch, according to written Branch operations standards, including adherence to security procedures;
7. Resolves member problems/responds to inquiries beyond the authority of other Branch personnel.
8. Maintains knowledge of competitors’ rates and terms and other trends related to the credit union industry and drives that knowledge with the branch team.
9. Makes recommendations to the Branch Manager for changes and improvements in procedures concerning the branch in relation to overall operations.
1. Builds and maintains relationships with SEG groups and local businesses within the branch community to grow the business.
2. Participates in the community to help grow awareness and brand recognition of the credit union.
1. Interviews loan applicants, analyzes credit and financial information
2. Accurately completes required loan forms and related documents necessary in the lending process;
3. Pre qualifies prospective mortgage and home equity candidates and co-ordinates 1st mortgage interviews with mortgage originator
- College Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 1 year retail sales management or branch experience and heavy retail and commercial customer contact environment;
- 1 years interviewing experience in consumer loans and related insurances.
- 2 years of direct supervisory experience
- Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations governing consumer banking
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to analyze member problems and find beneficial solutions in a timely manner
•Continued education through selected training courses
•Windows, Microsoft Word & Excel skills
•40 + hours per week, some Saturdays