- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Is capable of performing a variety of welding functions. The individual should be familiar with and capable of using various types of welding equipment. A welder is also required to perform other miscellaneous tasks, as supervision deems necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reads and interprets blueprints and machine drawings to determine specific welding requirements and proper fit up
- Connects cables from welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage, slope, and pulse, as specified by engineer.
- Manually guides electrode or gun along weld line, maintaining length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead, as judged from color of metal, sound of weld, and size of molten puddle.
- Welds in flat, horizontal, vertical or overhead positions.
- Examines weld for bead size and other specifications. • Repairs broken or cracked parts and fills holes.
- Positions and clamps workpieces together or assembles them in jig or fixtures.
- Selects torch, torch tip, filler ford and flux, according to welding chart specifications or type and thickness of material.
- Tacks assemblies together. • Chips off excess weld, slag, and spatter.
- Cleans or de-greases parts.
- Performs all necessary maintenance and repair on all equipment used in welding.
- Be able to move parts in and move finished product out of welding area.
EDUCATION (OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE):
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
- Forklift training certificate or the ability to receive it.
- Ability to read and interpret documents furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, quality manuals and procedure manuals.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Be able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Must be able to read a tape measure.
- Ability to perform simple shop math, convert decimals to fractional equivalents.
- Ability to use weld fillet gauges to ensure proper weld size and interpret tolerances.
- Must be able to identify and measure material.
As one of the largest custom and diverse precision machine/fabrication shops in the southeast, CBM offers a full line of CNC Milling, CNC Turning, fabrication, welding, painting, sandblasting, assembly, and repair services for large parts. Our facility includes 22 overhead cranes with a lifting capacity of up to 100,000 lbs. CBM currently operates 20 hours per day to accommodate our customers needs. CBM is ISO 9001:2008 certified, and woman owned!
Our highly trained staff of Engineers, Machinists, Painters, Quality Technicians, Assembly Technicians, and Fabrication Specialists will ensure that our customer specifications and expectations are met and exceeded. Our engineering department is capable of reverse engineering parts, and creating CAD drawings upon request. CBMs chief objective is to provide quality parts promptly to the leading manufacturers of North America!
Conner Brother Machine Co., Inc.Why Work Here?
CBM Precision Parts has a history hard work and dependability, and we continue to build on that foundation.
Benefits: We offer bonus 3 times a year after being employed for 6 months, July November & December. CBM is family owned and has great benefits package! We offer a 3% match on a 401K after 1 year. CBM has 7 or 8 paid Holiday depending on how Christmas falls. ( We typically get paid for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day) Holidays are paid after 90 days of employment. CBM. Co., pays 60% medical of EE through BCBSNC. CBM pays 100% of both Dental & Vision for EE. Dental is through Delta Dental and Vision is through Humana. CBM also pays 100% for you to carry Accident with Aflac for the EE only but can also carry your family. We offer several packages through Aflac also you can purchase.
3200 Bessemer City RoadHickory, NC
ConstructionView all jobs at Conner Brother Machine Co., Inc.