Working under general supervision of the Manager of Solution Architects, relying on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals, the Technical Sales Executive (TSE) grows revenue and drives profitability for targeted federal accounts. The TSE solves Storage business problems with technology solutions for our federal customers, and pulls in appropriate Connection resources to deliver these solutions. The TSE works within Connection's Federal business unit supporting Connection's federal DELL Technologies storage business.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT or other related field is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience in sales or business development
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills to include creating presentations, creating documents in Word to included advanced formatting, creating spreadsheets to include the use of macros.
- Understanding of Dell technology products Storage, Servers and HCI
- Adept at proactively finding business opportunities within existing customer base
- Advanced knowledge of Business Development with ability to create new lines of business
- Customer oriented with ability to listen to and anticipate needs of the customer
- Strong understanding of and working knowledge of selling Storage solutions into DOD and/or Civilian agencies
- Working knowledge of sales strategies including upselling with proven success in the federal space environment.
- Understands the federal procurement cycle and basic knowledge of federal contracts
- Adaptable with ability to switch tasks based on shifting priorities
- Excellent verbal communication skills with ability to present professional demonstrations
- Excellent written communication skills with ability to compose professional business communications via email, letter, and proposals.
- Creative with ability to develop original solutions to problems
- Inquisitive information seeker with ability to ask probing questions to uncover opportunities
- Interpersonal skills with ability to work well with all levels of the organization