Sr. NOC Engineer - Remote
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Connection team has an awesome opportunity through our Technical Staffing division for a Sr. NOC Engineer. This is a direct hire opportunity with us, a major nationwide MSP. This position is remote and responsible for system network and design expertise, for conducting high level systems analysis, planning, and coordinating installations and deployments. Qualified candidates will be able to ensure backup and recovery systems are operational, and for identifying problem areas including but not limited to network, infrastructure, and servers.
Direct hire position. Full benefits, 3 weeks PTO first year. 401k. 80% hands on and 20% administration, Windows environment. M-F 8am-5pm.
· Familiarity with working from a ticketing system as part of a larger team
· Clearly communicating and following expectations of all firewalls, server, and networking engineering tasks
· Conducting network audits
· Will be able to encounter unfamiliar technologies, applications, and situations, figure them out, and provide solutions that match both our clients' and our company's needs
· Creating and performing network testing (regression, functionality, and performance)
· Expert understanding of networking principals (IP addressing, subnets, routing, and switching)
· Ability to provide an expert level of OS troubleshooting in Windows environments
· Strong knowledge of delivering support in a Microsoft client/server environment
· Expert understanding of Active Directory, DNS and DHCP
· Strong knowledge of antivirus, backups, and VMware/Hyper-V virtualization
· Expert understanding of desktop and server operating systems
· Fundamental understanding of Microsoft Endpoint Manager/Intune and/or other patching methodology
· Microsoft Office skills to include creating presentations, creating documents in Word to included advanced formatting, creating spreadsheets to include the use of macros.
· Strong knowledge of Network troubleshooting, including connectivity issues, locating IP or TCP/IP addresses, VPN software, supporting remote users.
· Ability to troubleshoot and resolve email issues, specifically MS Outlook
· Support commonly used software, hardware, and other equipment
· Support back-office hardware, printers, software, Web Applications, and other networks
· Familiarity with the fundamental principles of ITIL/SLA
· Multiple ticketing systems including Service Now, AutoTask, Zoho
· Networking principals (IP addressing, subnets, routing, switching)
· OS troubleshooting in Windows & Linux environment
· Antivirus, backups, and VMWare/Hyper-V virtualization.
· Advanced knowledge of Desktop and Server Operating Systems.
· Firewalls such as FortiGate, SonicWall, Sophos
· Monitoring software such as Manage Engine, Nagios, and SolarWinds
· SIEM tuning and log correlation
TechnologyView all jobs at Connection
Get fresh Remote NOC Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!