Connection Services has a fantastic opportunity for an IT Project Manager in the Schaumburg, IL area. Working for a top VAR with 3 weeks paid PTO, and excellent benefits; Opportunity for growth.
Working under general supervision of the Mgr, LCS Project Management, and the Project Manager (PM2) manages Connection, Inc. sales subsidiary engagements for the Lifecycle Services practice. The Project Manager utilizes independent judgment and discretion while following the prescribed project management methodology to deliver all projects. As needed, the PM2 assists clients and the sales team in planning, scoping, scheduling, and determining project requirements during the presales phase. The PM2 manages day-to-day project activities including ensuring proper and timely billing. The management activities include Pre-Sales, Post-Sales, or a combination of Pre-Sales and Post-Sales. Duties can be performed at customer site or remotely from the Connection office. Travel may be required to kick off a project, run pilots, discuss project milestone reviews, or attend customer meetings. In addition to managing a portfolio of projects, the PM2 contributes to the development of the team by mentoring less experienced project managers.
· Develops relevant project schedules to deliver contractual services utilizing judgment and discretion based on the agreed deliverables
· Utilizes internal resources and third-party services providers to fulfill project requirements by determining the best source for the project
·Proactively manages project scope, risks, and issues resolving differences between parties utilizing problem solving skills and escalating issues which require intervention by the primary stakeholders
· Will assist and consult clients and the sales team in planning, scoping, scheduling, and determining project requirements during the presales phase Acts as a point of contact and communication for the project team and the customer
·Knowledge sharing of internal processes & internal/ custom tools
·Manages internal company projects as required
·Effectively manage all phases of project(s)
·Obtains Customer approval
· Works with Project Support Team to ensure projects are billed timely and accurately
· Uploads project documentation
· Project Management Reporting
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint with ability to update spreadsheets and to perform calculations in Excel
·Experience using Microsoft Word templates to create Change Orders and project artifacts and deliverables
·Proficient with project management tools with ability to create project schedules using Microsoft Project
· Includes a minimum of 5 year(s) of work experience in progressively responsible roles in project coordination with at least two years in the IT and/or professional services area
· Project Management Professional (PMP) or obtain within 6 months of hire.
· Experience in IT professional services
· Proficiency in application of PM methodologies
· Bachelor’s Degree
Send resumes to email@example.com for consideration.
To learn more about Connection or to apply directly through our website, please visit https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?d=External&c=1072441.
Register to receive daily job updates!
Connection, Inc. and all of its subsidiary companies are committed to equal opportunity and proud to be affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, sex (including pregnancy), color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, and all other characteristics protected by applicable state and federal law.