IT Project Manager Supervisor
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Connection has a fantastic opportunity through our Technical Staffing division for an IT project manager Supervisor. It is a remote opportunity working for a top VAR with 3 weeks paid PTO the first year, and excellent benefits and an opportunity for growth.
Working under minimal direction of the Services PMO, Manager Project Management, the Supervisor Project Management is responsible for managing PMO Project Managers and Project Coordinators.
The Supervisor PMO is responsible to ensure the team is focused on working with Connection sales subsidiaries to successfully deliver the higher profile / complex projects in the portfolio using the PMO predefined project management methodology. The Supervisor oversees the project manager's daily operations, assists with client and partner escalations, and works with the Services PMO, Manager Project Management with escalation resolution. The Supervisor works with the team to ensure all project financials are kept and submitted timely and accurately.
• Provides daily supervision as well as Coaches / mentors and trains of Project Managers / Project Coordinators
• Assists PMs / PCs with the following:
• Develops relevant project artifacts to deliver contractual services utilizing judgment and discretion based on the agreed deliverables
• Utilizes internal resources and third-party service providers to fulfill project requirements
• Proactively manages, controls and drives project scope, budget and schedule
• Proactively mitigates risks and issues
• Billing submissions and issue resolutions
• Identify and document procedures
• Responds to and resolves escalated problems/ issues
• Hosts periodic reviews with direct reports for recap and improvement plans.
• Proactively reviews documentation and daily practices to identify process improvements.
• Drives process improvement within the PMO issue recording, troubleshooting, and escalation(s)
• Understands and utilizes ITIL best practices.
• Focuses on customer service to ensure customer satisfaction
• Generates E1 reports to ensure financial data is updated, accurate and to look for areas of improvement
• Completes required Corporate Training
• Maintains PMP Certification / PDU requirement
• Evaluates candidate resumes, performs phone screens, and conducts in person interviews to find new talent.
• Meets goals set forth by the company and/ or the PMO Director
• Performs all other duties or special projects as assigned.
• At least five (5) years’ experience working in the IT Professional Services industry is desired
• Ability and desire to provide excellent project and customer support
• Competency with standard project management tools
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills to include:
• Creating presentations
• Creating documents in Word to include advanced formatting
· Creating spreadsheets to include the use of macros
· Developing reporting
• Strong multitasking and problem-solving abilities
• Solid time management and organizational skills to meet service delivery targets
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask in a fluid fast paced environment.
• Customer oriented with ability to listen to and anticipate needs of the customer
• Leadership skills that are demonstrated during fast paced, high stress situations
• Strong understanding of and working knowledge of the value-added technology industry
• Resourceful problem solver with ability to resolve a variety of problems
• Ability to facilitate and manage communications and expectations among separate internal /external teams
• Interpersonal skills with ability to work well with all levels of the organization
• Organized state of mind with ability to document activities, anticipate problems, plan schedules and monitor performance according to priorities and deadlines
• Quick study with ability to master a situation or learn new things with minimum direction or training
• Strategic thinker in future-oriented terms who anticipates and considers external and internal elements with ability to develop long-term plans to leverage resources.
TechnologyView all jobs at Connection
Get fresh Project Supervisor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.