We have a permanent opportunity with our client in Madison, WI for a Field Engineer. This opportunity does require some travel, has excellent benefits and a wonderful work environment. Don’t miss out on working for a great company!
Some highlights on the role are below:
· Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
· Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
· Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
· Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
· Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
· Assist with Disaster Recovery operations
· Work in a 24/7 shift environment
· Work as a member of the team, cooperate and assist other members.
· Acts as a technical liaison between clients, customers, and vendors to resolve issues
· Provide one on one application support as needed
· Act as helpdesk escalation point by providing technical support via telephone and remote access.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Understanding of the OSI networking model
· Network Monitoring experience
· Knowledge of various WAN/MAN/LAN technologies for office interconnectivity
· Firewall experience
· Strong knowledge and relevant experience with Microsoft based networking technologies such as DNS, WINS, DHCP, SMTP, HTTP, FTP
· Network setup, administration and monitoring using concepts of SNMP, IPSec, VLANS, IDS
· Experience with Cisco routers, switches and IOS
· Maintain network security authentication including IP telephony security, application security, anti-virus, user authentication, etc.
· Knowledge of and experience with enterprise-scale Windows technologies such as Server platforms, Desktop platforms, Exchange Environments, Active Directory, IIS, Windows Clustering, Virtualization, and Collaboration tools is required
· In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server (2003, 2008) running on 32-bit and 64-bit hardware
· Knowledge of Windows Server (2003-2008) administration required; for example, file and share permissions, user administration, security, networking and storage administration
· Intermediate server and LAN administration experience
· Perform systems backups and recovery procedures
· Perform routine maintenance and upgrades for IT infrastructure
· Configure applications: SharePoint a plus
· Develop, document and maintain standard operating procedures and configuration
· Web servers (such as Apache HTTPD)
· Clearing server error logs and reporting any failures
· Fundamental knowledge of ASP.NET.
· Install, de-commission and document hardware and software requests as needed
· VMware knowledge (a big plus)
· Experience with load balancer products (a plus)
· Knowledge of installing, troubleshooting, repairing, and supporting network, server, computer, phone system, and printer hardware
· Windows through to version 10 on workstations and laptops
TRAVEL: Up to 50% travel
· Microsoft Certifications (MCP, MCSE, MCSA)
· Accredited College Degree in related field or 3-5 Years’ Cisco Switching/Routing and Network Administration related experience
Connection and all of its subsidiary companies are committed to equal opportunity and proud to be affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, sex (including pregnancy), color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, and all other characteristics protected by applicable state and federal law.