The Product/Business Development Manager is responsible for, working with customers to go over needs, reviewing product specifications. make recommendations making product line decisions, define technology trends, work with internal departments to get prototypes built and tested, getting new products into production as well as motivating and leading a cross-functional team of leaders from across the organization. Responsibilities include delivering an entire product line experience and ensuring the company can market, sell and support it successfully.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Define, design and oversee a product platform which includes understanding features while entrenching yourself in all the day to day activities around the lines within that platform.
- Assess/articulate market trends, demand drivers, customer needs, industry trends by comparing the company’s product to the competitive landscape.
- Consult with Sales regarding customer needs, product features, product availability, cost issues, etc. in order to maximize potential for a sales success. Provide ongoing education/promotion when interacting with the sales organization to effectively market products.
- Work with Engineering and Operations in the development of products to meet current and future customer requirements.
- Determine product pricing by utilizing market data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Effectively manage inventory with company goals for assigned product platform in order to maintain correct mix that meets corporate financial objectives and customer requirements.
- Support sales to increase business and achieve total customer satisfaction by working directly with suppliers on quotes to obtain the most competitive position possible.
- Process and resolve accounting receiving and customer rejected concerns in an expeditious manner by researching the issue, determining appropriate resolution and by providing disposition for nonconforming product to the appropriate parties.
- Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Work directly with sales, management and customers on new product opportunities.
- Establish and Review Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to monitor Supplier performance.·
- Perform other duties as assigned.
· < 10% travel
· Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or Business discipline
· 5-7 years of progressive electronic component industry related experience which could include sales, marketing product management,
engineering, distribution, asset management etc.
Knowledge of RF and Coaxial connectors and cables would be a plus.
Experience with Military, test and measurement and Medical industries preferred,but not required.
Ability to work “hands-on as required to ensure a successful product launch
· Must have strong written and oral communication skills
· Strong business acumen and a good understanding of technical complexities
· Strong customer facing skills – building relationships, handling negotiations and selling preferred
· Considerable experience working with product technology, processes or market
· Proven ability to deliver results
· Critical thinking and decision making
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
· Managing and measuring work
- Excellent analytical skills with an attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate with a multi-department team
- Strong time management skills
- Previous experience with an ERP system
· Values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, Innovation