- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Description: Administrative Assistant – Non-exempt, part-time - 16-20 hours per week
Reports to: Executive Director
The Administrative Assistant for Connection Ministries will be a committed Christian with a heart for including people with intellectual disabilities in the Church. This person works out of the ministry’s office located at 3535 Kessler Blvd. East Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46220. This person maintains constituent, donation, document, and media databases, retrieves and processes USPS mail, email, text, and voice messages, makes deposits, posts donations and generate constituent thank you letters. The Administrative Assistant will also support program staff to prepare for events and programs, work with network congregations and Friendship group leaders on their program registration and provide the Friendship group leaders and program staff with necessary reports and data for their Friendship groups and Summer Friendship Gatherings.
- Update, organize, and maintain the Bloomerang constituent/donor database, and all document and media files in cloud-based SharePoint database.
- Deposit donations through remote deposit portal, post donations in Bloomerang and QuickBooks, and prepare and mail donor thank you letters.
- Facilitate program registration with network congregations, process in Bloomerang and conduct background screens. Provide Friendship group leaders with current rosters.
- Assist staff prepare for Friendship programs, workshops, and training events.
- Monitor, respond, or distribute inquiries for website, general ministry emails, voice, and text messages.
- Process and distribute USPS mail.
- Attend quarterly Board meetings and prepare minutes for filing and distribution.
- Coordinate volunteers and staff to prepare for scheduled mailings, programs, and events.
- Track office inventory and reorder as needed for upcoming mailings and programs.
- Other duties as directed by the Executive Director.
A successful candidate will have a strong Christian faith, active membership in a church, and a commitment to the mission of Christ in the world,
- solid computer skills that exceed data input, a working knowledge of cloud-based constituent databases, proficiency with Microsoft 365 to include SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher, and be able to extract and report data,
- excellent people skills with the ability to motivate Friendship group leaders, families, and caregivers to submit and maintain current registrations without offending them,
- good organization skills with the ability to develop and understand administrative systems that can manage seasonal programs.
Connection Ministries IncWhy Work Here?
You can be an integral part of the three-person team equipping Christian churches to minister with adults with intellectual disabilities.
3535 Kessler Blvd. East DriveIndianapolis, IN
BusinessView all jobs at Connection Ministries Inc