- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Carabetta Companies, located in Meriden, Connecticut, stands among the most active private real estate companies in the United States, specializing in the acquisition, development, construction, and management of high-quality affordable housing nationwide.
With over sixty years’ experience, Carabetta is a vertically integrated company on mixed-use, high-density, townhouses and high-rise communities. To date Carabetta’s award-winning project mix totals 20,000 units throughout the country.
- Competitive wages
- Competitive insurance benefits
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- 401K participation
- Opportunities to contribute, create and compete in the challenging and exciting world of real estate
Full Job Description
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to the following:
1. Perform plumbing repairs and service calls
2. Participate in “on call” schedule for evenings, weekends and holiday coverage.
3. Make regular inspections of buildings, common areas and grounds, performing repairs as necessary.
4. Perform necessary maintenance in recently vacated apartments, prior to rental.
5. Complete work orders within the time period assigned.
6. Keep accurate records of emergency generator testing, boiler inspections, circulator pump inspections, oil supply and oil tank inspections.
7. Be familiar with power, water, gas shutoffs, clean-out traps, fire extinguishers, alarm systems and fire hydrants.
8. Any other related duties as deemed necessary by Maintenance Supervisor/Director.
9. All employees have the responsibility of performing their work in a safe and efficient manner, shall be responsible for observing all company safety rules, report unsafe conditions and all incidents to their supervisor.
· High school graduate or equivalent.
· Minimum of 2 years prior full time plumbing experience.
· Ability to work with maintenance and other employees, including supervisors, assisting them as needed.
· Clean, verifiable driving record (MVR)
- Must have and maintain good attendance record
- Self-Motivated, Self-Starter
- Verifiable skills in Facilities Maintenance arena
- Willing/able to travel to other Carabetta facilities, as requested
- Advanced licensing in plumbing, electrical and HVAC would be a plus
- A Successful candidate must have sufficient verbal skills to be able to converse with residents and coworkers in an intelligent, clear manner. Good phone skills / etiquette. Ability to communicate in writing or orally.
- Good common sense, logical decision-making abilities capable of maintaining a safe working environment while satisfying customer requests in a timely manner. Must be able to comprehend standard business concepts, practices, policies and procedures.
Connecticut Property Management Company
37 pleasant valley driveWorcester, MA
Get fresh Plumbing Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.