The Clinician provides comprehensive evaluations and individualized treatment plans to youth and families which will be in the form of both clinic-based and community/home-based treatment services. Services will utilize the A-CRA and ACC models of care. This position requires flexibility in work schedule, including evenings and weekends, in order to accommodate individual and family needs and ability to respond to crisis situations. This individual will maintain a positive and optimistic attitude and will work collaboratively with internal and external providers to maintain effective and well-coordinated care.
The Connecticut Junior Republic’s (CJR) mission is to provide care, treatment, education and family support for at-risk, special needs and troubled young people so they can become productive and fulfilled members of their communities.
The A-CRA/ACC program (Adolescent Community Reinforcement Approach/Assertive Continuing Care) is an evidence-based outpatient substance abuse treatment program providing 90 days of clinical-based recovery (A-CRA) followed by 90 days of community-based recovery. Serving young people, ages 12 to 17, the A-CRA/ACC model provides a combination of office and home-based services that focus on the unique needs of the youth and families served.
- Master’s Degree in a behavioral health field and will be CT licensed or license eligible (LCSW, LPC, LMFT)
- Prior experience with counseling adolescents or substance abuse treatment is preferred
- Strong computer skills
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Communication Proficiency
- Collaboration Skills
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All essential functions are subject to reasonable accommodation. Employees needing or requesting reasonable accommodation should contact the Director of Human Resources.
- Must meet A-CRA and ACC certification requirements
- Ability to become GAIN Q3 certified
- Conducts intake, screening, and assessment to obtain basic but key information about the youth and family being served Conduct random urinalysis testing
- Documents client related information in compliance with agency policy by submitting data to web based system
- Works collaboratively with youth, family and staff to gain an understanding of behaviors and identifying risk relevant factors that need to be addressed
- Provide services in multiple locations using both site based and in home treatment modalities
- Audio record client sessions and receive fidelity reviews
- Provide case management services according to A-CRA/ACC model
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within program parameters.
- Ability to communicate, cooperate and serve people from all cultural identities with respect, professionalism, integrity and fairness in a manner that recognizes the individuality of each person.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance program effectiveness.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Please note this job description is not a contract, expressed or implied, nor a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Employees are to perform other duties as assigned.
CJR recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
BENEFITS & CULTURE:
CJR prides itself on offering competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, an enjoyable working environment, and opportunities for career advancement.
- 3 Weeks Vacation and 12 Sick Days to Start ( Accrued Annually)
- Core Health/Dental/Life/LTD Insurance(at no cost to employee)
- Low-Cost Additional Life & Short Term Disability
- In-house Clinical Supervision
- Matching 401k to 3%
- Tuition Assistance
- Esteemed History
- Industry Leaders