Waterford Animal Care/Adoption Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Have you always wanted to be involved in the hands on care of animals? Are you great with people? Well then the Connecticut Humane Society shelter located in Waterford, is seeking a full-time Animal Care/Adoption staff member to do both of those things!
This position will be responsible for the daily care of any animals in the kennels, cat areas and small animal enclosures (to include rabbits, ferrets, mice/rats, guinea pigs etc.) including but not limited to: provision of adequate food and water, kennel cleaning, dog walking in all types of weather conditions, monitoring animals and reporting health or behavior abnormalities, socializing animals and creating and maintaining necessary animal records and performing data entry.
This position will also actively assist customers in the adoption and surrender process, provide information to educate customers and counsel customers with regard to pet ownership responsibilities as well as species and breed-specific data. Responsible for: greeting all incoming visitors; informing visitors and volunteers on proper sign in procedures for entry; answering phone calls; appropriately forwarding callers and provision of basic shelter information. Work with all shelter dogs on basic training and social skills. Perform animal bathing and basic grooming. Assist with processing animal intake, evaluation, and treatment. Other duties may include cleaning the shelter, entering information in PetPoint, attending off site events as animal handlers, supporting Fox Memorial Clinic and other District locations as needed and performing other duties as assigned by a supervisor.
Title: Animal Care/Adoption Technician
Overview: This full time position is benefit eligible. This position is ideal for who is able to deal with different communication styles. We are looking for a creative, customer service oriented individual who can work well within a team. Interested individuals must be able to handle multiple priorities and enjoy a busy environment. This position requires one to have a basic knowledge of animal handling and care as well as have a basic understanding of the different types of companionship animals. This position includes a weekend schedule.
Connecticut Humane Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Location: UNITED STATES, Waterford, CT
Position Type: Full Time
Pay Type: Hourly (Non-Exempt)
Pay Range: $13.00/HR to start, increases available after completion of introductory period.
Days / Hours: Schedule is set at Friday through Tuesday, hours vary by day but total work week is 37.25 hours.
- Education: High school diploma.
- Skills: Ability to perform physically strenuous activities which will require lifting of moderate to heavy weights (up to 40 lbs.),standing and/or bending, pushing brooms and/or mops, and walking and/or controlling dogs and/or cats, use of cleaning solutions and sitting at a desk for long periods of time. At least one to two years' experience working in a customer services position or a shelter environment ~ Weekend work required.
- Technology: Proficiency in computers
- Education: Associates Degree in animal science or related field
- Skills: Knowledge of animal handling and experience preferred.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Connecticut Humane Society
AddressQuaker Hill, CT
AnimalView all jobs at Connecticut Humane Society