Director of Finance
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
UNCLASSIFIED JOB OPPORTUNITY
Open To: Members of the public who meet the minimum educational and experience requirements listed below.
Location: Connecticut Airport Authority, Bradley International Airport - Windsor Locks, CT.
Job Posting No.: CAA090622
Hours: Normal Schedule Monday to Friday - 8:00am to 4:30pm (40 hours per week)
Salary Range: $155,000.00 - $190,000.00 dependent upon experience.
Closing Date: September 30, 2022
About the Connecticut Airport Authority:
The CAA owns and operates Bradley International Airport as well as 5 General Aviation Airports throughout the state of Connecticut and employs approximately 165 people. Bradley International Airport typically processes approximately 7 million passengers per year. The CAA generates over $100 million in annual operating revenues and directs an annual operating expense budget in excess of $90 million. CAA Finance offices are located at Bradley International Airport in Windsor Locks, CT.
SUMMARY: As a member of the Connecticut Airport Authority (CAA) senior management team, this position is primarily responsible for planning and directing all aspects of CAA’s financial services activities. The Director of Finance is responsible for establishing sound accounting policies and procedures, setting goals and objectives for the Accounting and Finance staff, and achieving all financial objectives of the CAA. The Director of Finance is a “hands on” position managing a staff of 10-12 employees and is responsible for training/guiding the staff in all financial activities. The position is expected to identify accounting best practices and implementing process change(s) to gain efficiencies while maintaining internal controls. Works on an interdepartmental basis with other managers and staff to achieve established organizational strategic goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for all General Accounting & Finance operations including:
- Monthly/Annual General Ledger accounting close process
- Account reconciliation
- Purchase Order & A/P processing
- Fixed Asset accounting
- Revenue accounting
- Cost allocations
- Construction Job Cost accounting
- Direct and analyze all monthly/quarterly/annual Financial Reporting requirements including year-end financial statement preparation
- Guide, prepare and monitor the annual budgeting process including ongoing variance analysis and forecast development
- Includes development/calculation of all Airline rates and charges
- Responsible for CAA’s Debt Portfolio including:
- Debt service funding
- Debt compliance and disclosure requirements
- New debt issuance
- Credit Rating Agency reviews
- Manage all treasury functions including cash management and investments
- Responsible for CAA Risk Management and insurance placement
- Ensure compliance with GAAP/GASB and applicable CAA and State accounting policy including implementation of new accounting standards
- Oversee the annual Audit process
- Design and implement policies & procedures and internal controls
- Direct appropriate set-up of accounting ERP systems including chart of accounts management
- Review and interpret impact of Federal & State legislation and regulations
- Facilitate Federal Grant and Passenger Facility Charge (PFC) program oversight including all FAA reporting requirements
- Review and analyze contracts to evaluate proper payment and terms
- Review and advise on Real Estate Lease terms
- Recommends financial strategies to the Deputy Executive Director
- Provides timely feedback to the Deputy Executive Director regarding projects, departmental issues and assignments
- Performs other related duties as required and/or assigned by the Deputy Executive Director
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Manage the Accounting and Finance unit including oversight of employees covered by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and independently. The requirements listed are representative, but not necessarily all-inclusive of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Self-motivated with strong work ethic and sense of accountability
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Detail oriented with sound judgment and strong analytical skills
- Considerable interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills and the ability to interact/coordinate with airport partners including airlines, consultants, contractors, tenants, lessees, businesses, State, federal, regional and local officials and other departments within the CAA
- Considerable knowledge of management principles, practices and techniques
- Considerable knowledge of accounting & finance administration, State/Federal laws and regulations pertaining to best accounting procedures
- Experience in developing budgets and managing contracts
- Experience managing and directing employees covered under collective bargaining agreements
An individual serving in this position must be able to successfully undergo a thorough background and security screening, including being fingerprinted, drug screening and maintain required security clearance during the duration of employment.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in accounting, finance or a closely related field
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of progressive professional experience in Accounting and Finance.
- Five (5) years of experience in a managerial capacity in Accounting/Finance.
- Considerable knowledge of GAAP/GASB accounting compliance
- CPA/MBA preferred
- Proficient in MS Office Applications with advanced working knowledge of MS Excel
- Working knowledge of accounting ERP systems (JD Edwards experience highly desirable)
- Ability to lead, train and develop staff
- Experience managing Treasury functions
- Experience with management and placement of debt financing
- Experience with airport/aviation related financial management activities a plus
- Experience with real estate/property management activities preferred
- Experience with Job Cost accounting a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Walking throughout the terminal to visit tenants and other business partners
- Prolonged sitting and viewing a computer monitor
- Visiting the General Aviation Airports and other properties related to duties and responsibilities
- Miscellaneous travel to other state, federal, business partner, or other sites as necessary to effectively perform the duties and responsibilities of the position
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Climate controlled office environment at the State’s largest commercial airport
- Airport environment where high levels of security are maintained.
- Duties may require exposure to the elements, and various modes of transportation.
Application packages must be received by the close of business on September 30, 2022 in order to be considered for this position.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION:
BY SUMBITTING THIS APPLICATION, I AGREE THAT:
- I understand that nothing in this employment application, in the CAA policy statement or personnel guidelines or in my communications with any CAA official is intended to create an employment contract between the CAA and me.
- I understand that the CAA has the right to modify its policies without my agreement and without giving me any notice of the changes. No promises regarding employment have been made to me and I understand that no such promise or guarantee is binding upon the CAA unless it is made in writing and signed by a company officer.
- I understand that employment will be subject to my submitting documentary proof of my identity and legal eligibility to work.
- I understand that if I am employed, such employment is, unless superseded by collective bargaining agreement, at-will and for an indefinite period of time, and that the CAA or I may terminate my employment at any time for any reason, with or without cause.
- The CAA has the right to change wages, benefits and other terms of and conditions of employment at any time for any reason, with or without cause.
- The CAA also has the right to verify any of the statements made in my application for employment; to solicit documents or information related to the information on my application, including matters of education, employment or opinion related to character, ability and past conduct; and I hereby authorize the release of such information in written and/or verbal form to the CAA. I hereby release all organizations, institutions, companies, and individuals from all liability for any damage for releasing this information. A copy or facsimile transmittal of this authorization shall be acceptable as my valid authorization for the above.
- I authorize investigation of all statements contained in this application and I understand that misrepresentation or omissions of facts are cause for withdrawal of employment offers and/or termination of employment. I hereby affirm that to the best of my knowledge all answers to the following are true and correct.
- Pursuant with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, newly hired employees must furnish proof of eligibility for employment in the United States.
- Applicants are responsible for the costs associated with providing documentation from a recognized USA accredited service which specializes in determining foreign education equivalencies for degrees from institutions of higher learning located outside the United States.
Please make sure you monitor your "Junk Mail" for responses generated from this site as they may be blocked automatically. You will need to adjust your settings to ensure that further communications are not routed to your junk mail.
Connecticut Airport Authority
AddressWindsor Locks, CT
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh School Finance Director jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.