We’re looking for a Payroll Specialist who is eager and excited to join our growing Finance team. The right individual will have experience owning the payroll process and thrive in a rapid growing environment. This Payroll Specialist must be able to communicate effectively, be very detail oriented and have an analytical mindset. As a Payroll Specialist, this person will be an integral part of the Connected brand as we continue to grow and expand.
Day to Day Tasks:
- Be in the Know. Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Crunch the Numbers. Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Does it Check Out?Balance the payroll accounts on a monthly basis and resolve any payroll discrepancies.
- Excellent communication, organizational, prioritization, analytical, process flows and problem-solving skills
- Ability to exercise discretion when dealing with matters of a confidential nature
How You Qualify:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Payroll with General Ledger or Finance Analyst experience a plus
- Experience with both system and manual processes
- Advanced knowledge of California payroll laws and practices, multi-state experience preferred
- Experience in cash handling
- Must be 21+ years or older