We are growing our Accounting team and are seeking to add a talented Accounts Receivable Collections Specialist to our Sacramento office. Connected is a fast-growing company in the new, exciting, and rapidly expanding cannabis industry.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day monitoring of receivable aging and collection of past due balances from our customers, which includes preparing and maintaining reports of past due balances with notes for resolution, as well as maintaining good communication with Connected Account Executives and our customers.
You can strike a balance between maintaining trustful relationships and ensuring timely payments. You are professional and trustworthy with excellent communication and negotiation skills. Our team is exceptionally talented, bright, and driven. You can multitask, work quickly and efficiently, and you are self-motivated, thoughtful and adaptable to change priorities and tasks as needed. Be a part of cannabis history; be part of a movement!
Day to Day Tasks:
- Make outbound collection calls in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations
- Minimize bad debt risk and maximize accounts receivable (AR) collections
- Set up new customer accounts
- Monitor AR aging reports and contact delinquent customer accounts for payment
- Negotiate customer disputes to resolution and document root cause
- Establish payment arrangements with customers, maintain detailed records of all collection call activity and conduct timely follow-up to maximize cash collections
- Reconcile customer statements/billings
- Respond to internal/external customer inquiries regarding the status of customer accounts
- Interact regularly and communicate effectively with customers, colleagues, sales personnel, and management regarding credit issues, policies, and procedures to ensure mutual understanding and positive customer experience
- Maintain accurate credit and collections files and notes for each customer
- Document and make any continuous improvements to processes
How You Qualify:
- Must be at least 21+
- 2+ years of experience in Accounts Receivable & Collections
- Knowledge of cash applications and collection procedures
- MS Office Suite and ERP familiarity (Microsoft NAV, a plus)
- Excellent time-management, follow-up, follow-through, and customer service skills
- Strong analytical skills and detail-oriented
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- High productivity and a sense of urgency