Mobile Software Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Mobile Software Engineer
If you are a Software Engineering professional with experience in mobile development looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our St. Louis, MO location, you will be dive into infrastructure as necessary and have responsibility for the entire software lifecycle. The Associate Agile Software Engineer is someone who is passionate and enjoys developing code.
As An Agile Software Engineer, You Will
- Write production code and tests for native applications using the Android and iOS SDKs as well as Kotlin Multiplatform
- Help resolve ambiguity between Product, Design, and API teams, identifying the best approach to add value for our customers
- Navigate complex interactions between the cloud and IoT devices using web sockets, wireless provisioning, NFC, or bluetooth
- Work alongside internal design staff to implement user experiences from mock-ups and prototypes
- Utilize analytics and crash data to prioritize new customer stories and technical debt
- Release new features and bug fixes to our customers on a weekly to bi-weekly release cadence.
- Learn and teach (often emerging) software design and testing patterns to peers
Who You Are
You partner with others to get work done. You face difficult issues and support others who do the same. You know to prepare for unexpected outcomes and try different solutions. You ask the right questions to accurately analyze situations. You try multiple times using multiple methods to find the right solution. You build and deliver solutions that meet customer expectations.
Flexible Work Schedule – Remote Work Option and Core Hours
This role has the flexibility of a remote work option up to three days a week and a core hour schedule. You can choose to flex your start and stop times given you are working during the core hours of 9:00am - 3:00pm. Our teams work together to ensure our chosen work schedules enable our creativity and productivity as we serve the needs of our customers.
Required Education, Experience & Skills
- 5 years experience in software development and/or mobile application development
- Knows at least a couple languages well and could be an expert in at least one technical stack (eg. web, ui, backend database)
- Has some familiarity with operating systems
- Comfortable automating some parts of the product
- Comfortable translating business requirements into a design
- Has shipped at least one commercially used software product
- Has participated on several software projects
- Participates in product support (e.g. on call if necessary) independently
- Understands agile development, could teach the ideas
- Can explain and communicate technically complicated and abstract topics to business and product teams effectively
- Legal authorization to work in the United States - Sponsorship will not be provided for this role.
Preferred Education, Experience & Skills
- 10+ years experience within Software Development
- Experienced in designing and developing advanced applications for the Android or iOS platforms using Swift or Kotlin.
- Experienced in Unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Able to improve application performance and fix bugs
- Experience in related fields, e.g. customer support or data science
- Experience with a functional programming language
- Has an interest in the business, e.g. product viability and marketing
- Enjoys paired programming
- Willingness to experiment with development processes with an open mind
- Has a decent approach between getting the job done vs technical debt
Connect Staffing and Consulting
AddressSaint Louis, MO
TechnologyView all jobs at Connect Staffing and Consulting