VP, Clinical Research (Onsite)
- Posted: over a month ago
VICE PRESIDENT of CLINICAL RESEARCH
located in Morehead City, NC is a world-class clinical research site focusing on pharmaceutical research for diseases of the endocrine system, vaccines, fatty liver, obesity, & other medical conditions. You get the point; we work with pharmaceutical companies from all over the world to develop new medications to relieve suffering and save lives. We feel this is a great way to serve our patients as well as benefit millions more by working to develop more effective medications for those struggling with diabetes, weight loss and other diseases.
We are also a specialty medical facility and focus on the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the endocrine system. Endocrinology is the subspecialty of Internal Medicine focusing on hormonal and glandular problems such as: the pancreas, reproductive system, thyroid disease, diabetes and its complications, pituitary diseases, osteoporosis, calcium metabolism, adrenal gland diseases, growth disorders and disorders of sexual development.
The primary responsibility of The Vice President of Clinical Research is to oversee and ensure that clinical research and development program(s) are planned and implemented to meet company objectives. Reporting to the CEO and serving on our senior Leadership Team, you will own and drive the clinical research department. All members of the Senior Leadership Team put Lucas Research first even if the efforts represent a sacrifice to their individual department.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
- Collaborate with the CEO to establish the vision, strategic goals, and priorities for the office and for translational clinical research at Lucas Research.
- Work with the leadership teams to pursue a growing, diverse portfolio of high-impact studies and trials.
- Motivates and leads a high-performance team.
- Develop and maintain performance expectations and metrics and drive continuous improvement in processes of clinical research at Lucas Research.
- Develop and manage relationships with external partners such as sponsors, government agencies, and other institutions to drive meaningful collaborations.
- Engage stakeholders across Lucas Research as the leader of clinical research for the organization.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong interpersonal skills, a high degree of analytical ability, and the ability to work effectively with both internal and external customers.
- Excellent organization and management skills, the ability to set strategy and lead a team in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent management and communication skills
- Willing to be onsite with at least 15% Travel required
- Have a customer care mentality and be the boots on the ground.
- Ability to represent Lucas Research to Sponsors, CROs, & Industry Conferences.
- A growth abundance mindset.
- Substantial experience in the conduct and management of a growing business, preferably within Clinical Research
- Experience must include a leadership role and reflect significant history in navigating complex solutions and creating sustainable systems.
- Managerial experience required
- Demonstrated ability to hold leaders and Team Members accountable for relevant commitments.
- Evidence of progressive leadership experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of staff required
- We are a smart, young, hungry, disrupting company seeking
- Entrepreneur who enjoys the thrill of the chase and has experience not crippled by the industry
- Ownership mentality with a proven track record of results
- Outcome focused
- Broader approach
- We wear many hats, and no two days are the same!
Note: Clinical experience without ownership is not going to acclimate well.
- Bachelor’s degree required
Connect Life Sciences
AddressMorehead City, NC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?