Chief Scientific Officer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Connect Life Sciences is seeking an experienced leader for our Chief Scientific Officer role. S/he will report to the CEO and will be responsible for setting and leading the execution of our pre-clinical R&D strategy. This role is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated self-starter and visionary leader with a strong desire to make a critical contribution to the development of novel therapies for serious diseases based on our proprietary CRISPR based gene editing platform. This will be a high-profile leadership position with an opportunity to deliver innovation in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced biotech company environment. The individual will also be closely involved in building and scaling the company including hiring a team, interacting with investors, and establishing strategic partnerships.
· Set strategy for discovery and preclinical R&D efforts, taking into account both cutting edge sciences and companies strengths to address unmet medical needs and realize commercial potential of therapies.
· Build a project pipeline through internal R&D, collaboration, license-in and/or acquisition in areas related to gene therapy. Select the projects based on scientific merit, strategic fit and economic value.
· Assemble a team of talented scientists to execute on the development strategy. Motivate team members, manage team operations to ensure project progress.
· Drive the progress of pipeline projects and collaborations.
· Lead or participate in business development efforts.
· Work closely with the CEO and Board in future capital raise.
· Stay connected with scientific community, stay up to date with the latest scientific discovery and industry trends, stay alert about potential technology--driven opportunities and alerts from competitors.
· Work collaboratively with internal and external cross--functional teams, collaborators/consultants to plan and execute on the overall research and development plans.
· Communicate program progress and issues to senior management, regulatory agencies as necessary, and at national and international conferences as appropriate.
· PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, or a related field; 10+ years of industry experience including in leadership positions.
· Proven success track record of advancing discovery projects into early clinical development.
· Highly accomplished scientific leader with a passion for research and a desire to make impact on patients’ lives.
· Strong publication or patenting track record.
· Team player who can maintain professional and productive relationship with internal colleagues and external collaborators.
Connect Life Sciences IncWhy Work Here?
UNIQUELY FOCUSED LIFE SCIENCES RECRUITING SERVICES
AddressKing of Prussia, PA