Marine Electronics Technician Position
This position will require a diverse array of experience and qualifications and a thorough knowledge of all navigation and communication equipment types.
Candidate must possess:
- Associate’s degree in electronics technology or related field, or a minimum of three years experience with C4ISR systems (maritime preferred).
- Must possess the following FCC licenses:
- Global Maritime Distress Safety System (GMDSS) Operator / Maintainer License
- Radiotelephone general operator License
Currently trained, licensed and/or certified according to Original Equipment Manufacturer requirements for repairing, installing, removing, configuring and supporting all assets, including, but not limited to Raytheon, Sailor, Harris, SAAB, VSAT equipment as well as various COTS and tactical communications and navigation platforms.
Security clearance: Individual must be capable of acquiring a security clearance.
Location: This position will include travel outside the United States (Middle East and Japan) and will include urgent support at other locations world wide.
The major role and responsibility of the CFSR is to provide efficient and effective technical support to Army Watercraft Systems units including:
Corrective and preventive maintenance to AWS watercraft:
- OCCM (On Condition Cyclic Maintenance) support as requested
- Provide support via telephone, email or on-site visits
- Coordinate repair done by other CFSR’s / OEM’s
- Update configuration management information as required
- Comply with customer directives
Additional CFSR activities:
- Support during unit exercises and operations
- Participate in the logistics replenishment program
- Daily data entry into central database
- Provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) as required
- Travel is required to locations throughout the United States and overseas