The ideal candidate for our art director position will passionately strive to move the agency?s creative agenda forward. Works closely with copywriter partner to develop ideas for all forms of communication, recognizing that today?s constantly changing media and technology offers new tools and demands new approaches and solutions. Strong digital experience. Creative excellence is essential. Conceptual strategy and creative implementation should be at an award-winning level. Must have a dedication, persistence and passion for relevant, groundbreaking ideas, be organized and an excellent communicator. Must be fluent in Spanish is a plus.
Creative Director/Associate Creative Director
Bachelors Degree in advertising, interactive or design related program
- Contribute original ideas for ad campaigns
- Brainstorm copy ideas and possible angles for a client's ad materials. Conceptualizes, brainstorms, imagines, and develops creative ideas and executions for television, print, digital, outdoor and any other applicable media opportunities
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Demonstrate how your ideas tie together both brand and media strategies
- Ensure visual communication and brand standards are met
- Proven experience with Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign, specifically with mockups, design, and multimedia presentations
- Strong understanding and execution mastery of typography, layout and imagery
- Solid knowledge of composition, color theory, and careful attention to detail
- Work closely with multidisciplinary project teams on particular accounts, planning and social media to determine client needs
- Attend shoots and editing sessions and supervise production team.
- Oversees and approves executions throughout production process. Works with designers and producers to carry out multiple projects and oversee the work of directors, photographers and illustrators on these projects.
- Responsible for creating the creative deck that will be presented to client (i.e. ideas, visual references, mock-ups, executions, etc ?..)
- Presents concepts/solutions clearly and effectively within the agency as well as to client
- Respond to feedback in a timely manner
- Meets all deadlines while managing multiple projects
- Delivers ideas and work that exceed creative expectations and client business goals.
- Displays curiosity about the latest marketing trends and digital tools and anything related to constantly-evolving forms of communication and storytelling
- Stays current with regard to the client?s business, the industry landscape, as well as product strategies and information
- Always seeks to develop outstanding presentation skills and applies great creativity to the task of persuading any audience, whether internal or client, of the value of the work he/she has created
- Develops and advocates for unique, award-winning quality communications for the majority of assignments
- Contributes to new business pitches and client presentations
Position will also be evaluated on their proficiency in delivering on the following:
- Ability to explore and manipulate ideas beyond concrete constraints
- Can imagine novel and hypothetical situations in detail
- Reframe problems
- Socially capable - interacts confidently, reads the situation
- Empathetic and can evaluate likely reactions
- Responds effectively to changing constraints
- Adapts own behavior to suit the situation
- Understands the drivers of change and anticipates the implications of changing political and practical circumstances
- Achievement Orientation
- Demonstrates motivation; drive to meet and exceed expectations and own standards
- All employees of Conill are expected to be aware of and adhere to all Publicis Groupe Policies, in addition to Conill policies. All Publicis Groupe policies supersede other policies except for when in conflict with State Law.
- Candidates must possess a legal permit to work in the USA.
- 5+ year experience in advertising agencies
- Demonstrable experience in generating ideas at an award-winning level
- Portfolio or reel must display the ability to do work that appeals to diverse audiences with strong conceptual ideas in a wide variety of media
- Collection of work should include campaigns that target the Hispanic American audience
- Portfolio must show experience in 360 campaigns
- Strong digital/social experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus