The Patient Service Center Representative II is responsible for creating a positive patient experience by accurately and efficiently handling the day to day operations relating to both Financial Clearance and Scheduling of a patient. This includes adherence to department policies and procedures related to verification of eligibility/benefits, pre-authorization requirements, available payment options, financial counseling and other identified financial clearance related duties in addition to full scheduling duties. Upon occasion, the PSC REP II may be only assigned to complex pre-registration. The PSC REP II is expected to develop a thorough understanding of assigned function(s).
Completes both scheduling functions and registration functions with the patient for an upcoming visit during one call:
· Scheduling: Responsible for timely scheduling, provide callers with important information related to their appointment (i.e. Prep information for test, directions, order management etc.)
· Financial Clearance: up to and including verifying patient demographic, insurance information and securing payment of patients financial liability/performing collection efforts
· If assigned to Order Management: verifies order is complete and matches scheduled procedure. Includes indexing and exporting physicians orders to correct account number.
If assigned to complex Pre-Reg:
· Collect and verify required patient demographic and financial data elements, including determining a patient’s financial responsibility and securing pre-payment for future services/performing collection efforts
· Create a complete pre-registration account for an upcoming inpatient/surgical admission
· Completes all pre-certification requirements by obtaining authorization from insurer and/or healthcare facility
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a production driven call-center environment
- Familiarity with working with dual computer monitors (may be required to use dual monitors)
- Must have basic typing ability
- Must have working knowledge of Windows based computer environment
- Ability to multitask in multiple systems (financial clearance and scheduling) simultaneously
- Extensive multitasking ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- Required: High school diploma or GED
- Preferred: Two plus years of college (two years in a professional, customer service-driven environment may substitute for two years of college), completion of related medical certification program
- Preferred: Telephone/call center experience
- Preferred: Pre-registration and/or scheduling experience
- Preferred: 2-3 years of customer service experience