- Expired: August 18, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you connect with people easily?
Would you describe yourself as having a knack for getting deals on high-quality items?
Does adapting to last-minute requests in a fast-moving food and beverage environment speak to your strengths?
Are you familiar with using procurement software when placing or receiving orders and carrying out inventory?
If you answered yes to all the question above, then you should know Congressional Country Club is seeking a Purchasing Agent. The Storeroom Clerk is responsible for assisting the Purchasing Department with supporting the needs of Congressional Country Club.
Congressional Country Club is looking for Team Members that believe the impossible is possible. Driven to continuously make a positive impact on the organization and believe that as a team we accomplish more.
Note: CCC is currently following the State of MD Covid Mandates currently in place.
What will be expected of you:
- Monitors purchase orders to assure that deliveries are correct and complete.
- Interacts with vendor personnel regarding shortages, price changes and related matters.
- Works with club personnel to determine proper quality and purchase quantities.
- Helps to minimize losses from product or supply pilferage, spoilage, or obsolescence.
- Compares vendors' product quality, service dependability and costs.
- Assists in the selection and evaluation of vendors.
- Receive food and beverage and non-food products into the Club. Inspect items received for consistency and quality; verify invoice against items ordered and received. Transport products to assigned storerooms and provide organized storage of all items for future use.
- Utilizes procedures that minimize operating costs for purchase and storage of all products.
- Inspects storage areas for cleanliness, par-levels and spoilages.
- Assist in conducting monthly inventory.
- Acts as a liaison between vendors and all club departments.
- Assist in the procurement of all food and beverage products, equipment, supplies, materials, and other items needed for the club.
- Assist with administrative tasks to include the creation of purchase orders, requisitions, and processing of invoices.
- Assist with the maintenance and cleanliness of the purchasing department.
How we determine your qualifications:
- A minimum of two years of experience in the food service business or working as a purchasing agent.
- Exposure to or experience in purchasing quantity food, food service equipment, furnishings, supplies, or services through competitive bidding.
- Private club experience a plus
- Experience with Birch Street software a plus
- This is a Full Time Position
- Complimentary meals
- Complimentary parking
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance (Available for Full and Part Time Team Members)
- Employee Discounts Golf, Tennis, Fitness Apparel/Items
CCC is an EOEEmployment Type: FULL_TIME
Congressional Country Club
RetailView all jobs at Congressional Country Club