Congressional Country Club located in Bethesda, MD is in search of selecting a full-time Director of Aquatics to join our team.
Do people trust you and believe you are a person of your word?
Do individuals you work with trust you with confidential information?
When you say you will do something, do you follow through?
Do you remember everyone's name in the organization?
Would others say you relate well to all kinds of people?
This full-time position is offered at competitive pay with amazing benefits which include complimentary meals, complimentary parking, employee discounts on golf, tennis, and fitness apparel, health, dental & vision insurance, FSA, and a 401(k) plan with match! If this sounds like the opportunity you have been searching for, apply today!
ABOUT CONGRESSIONAL COUNTRY CLUB
We began in 1921 as there was a need for a Club where Members of Congress could meet socially with businessmen. The idea was taken to Herbert Hoover, who at the time was the Secretary of Commerce, and he agreed to help wholeheartedly. Since then, the Club has been transformed into that of a family club with excellent facilities for golf, tennis, swimming, bowling, and dining. Congressional now stands as the number one Platinum Club in the Nation!
We promote within and attribute our great success to our Team Members and the ongoing support of our Membership. Through our collaborative environment, we are creative and innovative within the Club. Our work environment has an open-door policy that thrives on new ideas and inclusivity. We believe that through teamwork we can make the impossible possible!
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF THE AQUATICS DIRECTOR
Culture - As a member of the Athletics Department at Congressional Country Club, you lead by example by helping us carry out our Core Values, Consistent Implementation, Clear Intentions and Continuous Improvement.
Responsibilities - The Director of Aquatics will be responsible for organizing and directing all aquatics activities and events, swim team and dive team coordination, and individual lessons and clinics as well as coordinating those administrative duties necessary to safely operate and maintain an outstanding aquatics facility. Programs and events are offered for all levels and ages of swimmers. Working with the Aquatics Committee, and in co-operation with all other club professionals and departments, the Director of Aquatics will have the primary responsibility for providing an outstanding aquatics program and maintaining an outstanding facility for Club members, their families, and their guests. The position will report to the Director of Athletics. The Director of Aquatics shall embody the culture and traditions of the Club and foster exemplary relationships, sportsmanship, and humility. The Director of Aquatics is expected to encourage a life-long love of swimming by offering comprehensive swim instruction and adult programs.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE AQUATICS DIRECTOR:
The perfect candidate for this position would be professional both in person and in all communications, have experience in training junior swimmers and supervising a swim team, always be cognizant of hazards, and have a safety-first mentality. We are seeking a person who would bring enthusiasm and energy to the program while maintaining our 100-year-old traditions. Required certifications are listed below. Substitutions for similar certification may be permitted. All certifications must be kept up to date.
- ARC CPR/AED for Lifeguard or Professional Rescuer
- American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguard Management
- Certified Pool Operator
- ARC Water Safety Instructor or equivalent
Preferred but not required
- ARC Basic Life Support or Responding to Emergencies First Aid
- ARC Lifeguard and/or CPR/AED/First Aid Instructor preferred
- Montgomery County Level II or III Lifeguard
Specific responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the safety and well-being of all persons who are using the Aquatics facilities
- Attend all scheduled Aquatics Committee meetings.
- Maintain proper chemical balance in pool and ensure that all mechanical equipment is in working order
- Coordinate any maintenance and repairs with grounds and maintenance department
- Oversee daily pool cleaning schedule. Assess equipment needs for long term pool maintenance
- Establish and oversee Pool Operator and lifeguard team
- Communicate clear expectations for lifeguard duties both while on and off duty that align with Club rules and expectations
- Select and train seasonal pool team members. Pool Desk Attendants, Swim and Drive Coaches
Swim Programs for Adults and Juniors including Instruction, Clinics, Coaching, and Fitness
- Engender a culture of sportsmanship and encourage a life-long love of swimming based on strong fundamentals, age-appropriate competitions, and skills
- Develop and follow a clear, skill-based swim curriculum that encourages improvement and challenges various levels of junior swimmers
- Teach proficiency in all four strokes for a minimum of 25 yards
- Provide lessons and clinics relating to the techniques and strategies of swimming and diving for members and their children
- Arrange for diving instruction for juniors and recruit for Dive team
- Work with Committee and other professionals in helping to administer the summer camp program
- Attend Aquatics Banquet awards night and recognize accomplishments in swimming/diving at the end of the season
- Maintain an accurate record of all lessons and clinics given to swimmers and enter in the point-of-sale system
- Create a welcoming environment for members and their families
- Ensure that all club members and guests receive prompt, courteous, and professional attention for their needs in the pool area
- Promote swim activities to the membership (i.e. clinics, lap swimming hours, and swim meets)
- Develop a detailed summer calendar of swim activities in coordination with committee heads, Catering Manager, and other head professionals
- Organize family games and swim races during holidays (Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day)
- Organize swim options for adult swimmers of varying levels
- Implement water aerobics classes and other training/health-based programs to bring all members to the pool
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you feel that you would be perfect for this full-time position, please apply!
We look forward to meeting you!
Congressional Country Club is an EEO
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Congressional Country Club