VP of Operations
Confidential San Antonio, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Growing industrial manufacturer is looking for a VP of Operations/General Manager to add to their leadership team.
We are seeking a leader who can drive business results while developing a team and organizational structure to meet current and future goals. The GM/VP of Operations will have P & L responsibility for the business, providing leadership to the production and operations teams at both locations, and with accountability for the business meeting it’s production and financial goals. This position is responsible for managing plant level costs and controls and working with the Corporate Accounting Dept on validating unit costs, bill of material audits, cost analysis, inventory management, and Capital Expenditures (CAPEX). You will have the support of the Corporate Accounting Department for accounts payable and accounts receivable; but will directly lead the budgeting and forecasting process for the plant.
This position will work closely with all department leaders to develop their leadership skills; help them understand issues and how they impact the financial results; and educate/inform department(s) on cost drivers and variances.
Using your operational, business process, and costing experience, you will
· Apply the Core Values of the business and lead development of a culture that lives up to the values.
· Ensure that the business unit meets it’s operating and financial goals.
· Drive operational efficiencies, develop business management systems, and establish KPI’s.
· Analyze existing processes, procedures & policies, make recommendations to change, and execute changes.
· Implement corporate policies and procedures, ensuring consistent compliance.
· Preparing and adhering to budgets and forecasts.
· Manage the performance of staff – coach, mentor, train, along with the ability to change out if necessary.
· Support the process of adjusting standardized costs for labor, materials and overhead.
· Analyzing actual labor, material, and overhead cost against standard/budget. Researching and explaining variances.
· Managing the inventory management process:
- Conducting monthly inventory counts (WIP and finished goods), ensuring accuracy.
- Reconciling finished good inventory counts with monthly production
- Creating and distributing inventory reports.
· Ensuring effective and regular communication between departments and the two locations.
· Proactively assisting or leading projects to identify opportunities for cost savings and profit enhancement throughout the organization.
· Tracking and analyzing capital expenditure. Researching and explaining variances.
· Reporting on group actuals vs. budgets/forecasts
· Managing outsourced IT vendor(s).
Skills and Requirements:
· Strong business management experience and skills; a commitment to leading by example.
· Demonstrated ability to teach, train, and develop staff both from a technical perspective as well as in professionalism and professional skills such as time management, polished communication, etc.
· Ability to promote and implement a culture of high achievement and continuous improvement through goal setting and measurement.
· Ability to assemble and lead cross functional teams.
· Strong communication skills.
· Very strong organizational skills, attention-to-detail.
· Team player with a positive attitude, good sense of humor, and a desire to learn and grow with the Company.
· Ability to drive projects through to completion by involving and persuading others
- 15+ years of operations management within a manufacturing environment
- Strong P/L experience
- Understanding of and experience creating effective organizational structure and systems.
- Systems-savvy, including use of ERP systems. ERP implementation experience is a strong plus. Must have at least intermediate level Microsoft Office, including Excel, skills.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Exposure to manufacturing organizational structure/staff/activities
- Aptitude for cost accounting, reporting and inventory control systems in relation to meeting overall goals.
- Experience in identifying, developing and creating systems and processes to support a growing company.
AddressSan Antonio, TX
BusinessView all jobs at Confidential