We are searching for a Mid-Level Technical/Functional Requirements Analyst for a long-term federal contract in Woodlawn MD. Please review the job details below. If you are a match send an updated resume and target pay rate and salary. The preferred hiring method is on a 6 month temp to hire basis.
Client: Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS)
Location: Woodlawn, MD
The overall goal of the Electronic Submission of Medical Documentation (esMD) systems is to reduce improper medical payments and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) intends to accomplish this by modernizing the existing medical documentation process. The first phase of esMD allowed providers and suppliers to voluntarily send medical documentation electronically to Review Contractors (RCs). As the Development Applications Technical Services (DATS) contractor, GRSi transitioned the knowledge of the current system to our team. Future releases of esMD will further modernize the systems with its focus on the EDI XS12N 278 and 275 file formats. We will leverage our team’s subject matter expertize (SME) to take over the TIBCO framework and begin a quarterly release cycle with best software development lifecycle (SDLC) practices that are aligned with the CMS Expedited Lifecycle Framework (XLC).
The Technical Requirements Analyst is responsible for soliciting the business requirements and translating those into functional and technical requirements, while using industry-wide best practices. Day to day activities include requirements elicitation and capture, drafting of functional and technical requirements documentation and artifacts, creation of use cases (user stories), decomposition of work into product backlog items, translating and simplifying requirements (grooming), participating in requirements sessions with internal/external stakeholders and team members. Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis. Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and decompose high-level information into details. Develop, maintain, and perform processes to continuously monitor and data quality and integrity. Create and maintain workflows and approval processes. Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the required artifacts (functional requirements, business requirements document, Requirements Traceability Matrix, use cases.) Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates. Under the direction of the BA Manager, work directly with the technical teams, business units, and support teams. Review and edit requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to the proposed solution. Deliver informative, well-organized presentations.
- 5-10 years of proven experience performing requirements elicitation and capture
- 5-10 years of experience generating requirements and requirements artifacts (Functional Requirements Document, Business Requirements)
- 5-10 years of proven experience conducting technical requirements analysis
- IT experience, training, and/or education
- Solid understanding of software systems, knowledge of databases, servers, and client side technology along with solid logical systems focus.
- Able to document and model functional and technical requirements
- Document, workflow/process diagrams, use cases/user stories)
- Knowledge of all phases of software development including requirements analysis, design, coding, testing (integration, user, and performance), debugging, implementation, and support
- Must have a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Ability to apply general organizational knowledge of the business and systems processes in problem analysis is required.
- Ability to communicate difficult sensitive information tactfully
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong command of English language
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully on large, complex projects.
- Must be able to meet all CMS security requirements, including must have been a resident of the United States for 3 of the past 5 years.
- Proficient Technical Writing skills
- Waterfall and Agile/Scrum experience
- Experience as a Product Owner in an Agile/Scrum software development environment
- SDLC knowledge
- Experience with federal government contracts
- Experience with XLC
- Experience with HIPAA and healthcare formats
- Experience with CMS or Medicare
- Experience with EDI and the ANSI X12 Standard
- Experience with TIBCO, Oracle, BI products a plus