Global multi-billion dollar aerospace/defense contractor is seeking a Sr. Director of Operations to lead one of their business units. The Sr. Director of Operations will be responsible for managing operations through a staff of department managers responsible for Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Distribution, Logistics, Environmental Health and Safety, Materials, Quality, Shipping and Receiving, Engineering and Maintenance, Capacity Management, Customer Service, and Assembly functions. This individual is also responsible for the daily (short term) and budget and manpower (long term) planning and execution of plant strategic goals. Ensures that operations are in compliance with all state, federal and international laws and regulations and that they operate in a manner that protects the health and welfare of the employees, community and environment. Responsible for establishing and implementing strategic business objectives for the organization’s customer care focused on delivering a superior service experience.
- Responsible for the efficient administration of the manufacturing facility, in accordance with policies, plans and approved procedures.
- Directs and controls the plant’s production and engineering activities. This includes controlling quality, cost of production, warehousing, receiving and shipping of materials through appropriate subordinates. Evaluates results and takes actions to improve performance.
- Plans and schedules production in accordance with company objectives, customer needs, and plant capacities. Must meet production schedules and volumes within the established parameters of cost and time.
- Directs the planning and utilization of lean tools to improve all areas of the operation. Facilitates teams and insures all improvements are sustained and continuously improved.
- Participates in long-range plant expansion, conversion, and equipment planning. Oversees the maintenance of buildings and equipment, and plant security and protection.
- Reviews and recommends change in personnel, salaries/rates, and other related areas
KEY SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Masters Degree or Equivalent in Engineering or Business Administration
- Twelve or more years of experience
- Must have the ability to demonstrate a strong knowledge of LEAN, including experience implementing and sustaining a Kaizen culture.
- Demonstrated experience managing a budget or P&L including implementing cost control and savings plans.
- Demonstrated ability in Supervision and Management of hourly and salaried employees.
- Demonstrated familiarity with manufacturing processes and techniques.
Manufacturing, Operations, Aerospace, Defense, Plant Manager