Position: Shift Operations Manager
Location: Graniteville, South Carolina (Aiken County)
Our company provides customized logistics solutions to meet the demands of our partners. We partner with companies of all sizes throughout the country. While generating value through cost reduction and optimization, our company allows our partners to focus on their core competencies.
With operations in states across the country, partnerships with industry-leading corporations, and continued expansion in our future, there are many opportunities for personal growth and development when you choose to explore a career with us. Join our team and grow with us! We are an equal opportunity employer.
Our company is seeking a reliable, self-driven, and team-oriented professional with problem-solving, communication, and management skills for the position of Shift Operations Manager. This position is within a fast-paced warehouse environment in Graniteville, South Carolina (Aiken County). We offer competitive compensation and opportunities for growth.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Lead and manage coordinators and employees in the daily warehousing and loading/unloading at facility operations.
- Train coordinators and employees on warehouse functions and specific work activities.
- Manage the shifts' workload appropriately in order to ensure satisfactory job completion.
- Oversee the quality of the work performed by the coordinators and employees and correct any errors as needed.
- Perform routine training and inspection of work product by coordinators and employees in order to ensure job safety at all times.
- Effectively coach and/or discipline employees to ensure excellent work quality, safety, attendance, and any other work-related operation by enforcing rules of the floor and seeking the root cause of issues.
- Maintain customer relations by focusing on customer goals and service satisfaction.
- Assist in improving processes by evaluating workflow and making recommendations.
- Lead daily production meetings.
- Create and maintain up to date appropriate employee documentation for coordinators and employees to assist with training and coaching.
- Manage the hiring and termination processes of all employees.
- Communicate with Bridgestone shift crew leaders.
- Audit Six Sigma, performance, safety, and quality of work.
- Maintain the highest standards of safety and housekeeping.
- Perform other job-related tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of warehouse work instructions, safety, and housekeeping procedures.
- Strong management and supervisor skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals of varied backgrounds and levels of management.
- Ability to maintain a professional and positive attitude towards team members and customers while dealing with stressful situations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and/or stressful work environment.
- Ability to problem-solve proactively.
- Ability to work rotating day/night 12-hour shifts if applicable.
- Ability to stand, bend and stoop for extended periods or for the duration of the shift (8-12 hour shift)
- Have reliable transportation.
- Be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of application.
- Be willing to submit to a background check and urinalysis drug screen upon offer of employment.
Education, Experience, and Certification
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in Management, or other related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in managing/supervising in the warehouse/logistics field.
- Ability to lift and/or move objects up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand, bend, and stoop for extended periods or for the duration of the shift (8-12 hour shift).
Work is performed inside a warehouse and manufacturing plant with exposure to heat, cold and inclement weather. May involve moderate exposure to potentially dangerous materials or situations, such as extreme heights, temperatures, dust, fumes, vapors, solvents and chemicals, and loud noises. Use of personal protective safety equipment is required. Work may be performed alone, with others, around others, and with verbal and face-to-face contact. Work may include extended days.
- Full-Time, Non-Exempt
- Hourly, with opportunity for overtime (paid weekly via Direct Deposit).
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Company-sponsored premiums for Medical Insurance, with nominal Team Member contribution.
- Dental/Vision Insurance, Life Insurance policy, and other options.
- Company match option.
Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Time Off hours in accordance with Company Policy.
- Paid Holiday hours in accordance with Company Policy.
Why Work Here?We are a national plant/warehouse services provider, meeting a variety of distribution needs. Our history of providing quality to the plant/warehouse distribution industry is second to none. Our services include all aspects of inbound and outbound products, warehousing, temporary labor, load consolidation and scheduling. With operations in states across the country, partnerships with industry leading corporations, and continued expansion in our future, there are many opportunities for personal growth and development when you choose to explore a career with us Join our team and grow with us! We are an equal opportunity employer.
Great benefits and lots of room for growth!