The Senior Property Accountant is responsible for providing accurate real estate accounting services for internal and external clients including financial statements and journal entry preparation. Assists in all phases of accounting including but not limited to financial reporting, analysis, budgeting and general ledger maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties or special projects may be assigned.
- Prepare reports and documents for closing of property (Month End Close)
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations for each property. This includes identifying cash management or bank statement issues and correcting
- Prepare monthly partnership distributions
- Prepare monthly variance reports for each property
- Prepare documents, reports and invoices for Annual Common Area Maintenance (CAM) and Real Estate Tax reconciliations
- Work with other departments for the annual budget preparation
- Complete budget re-forecasting for each property
- Review account payable batches and invoices for property
- Perform full-cycle accounting transactions through the GL
- Prepare escrow lease release documents and Draw Funding for lender. Follow up with lenders on Reserve Disbursement requests and other issues.
- Specific projects as assigned to comply with each properties uniqueness
Qualifications – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting
- Minimum 2 – 5 years of commercial real estate\property accounting experience
- Analytical and strong problem solving skills
- Experience with Yardi Voyager required (minimum of one year)
- Experience with Blackline is a plus
- Solid Understanding of issues relating to monthly close including reconciliations, posting and reviewing journal
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Must be able to work independently as well as within a team
- Strong communication and organizational skills are essential
- Must work within deadlines