We are searching for an experienced, detail-oriented, and driven Proposal Writer to join a stellar team in Frederick, MD. The Proposal Manager/Writer would work very closely with the Sr. Proposal Manager, business development staff and subject matter experts (SMEs) to aide in the entire proposal process from cradle to grave. With the new awards we have recently won, and the upcoming work we are going after, we need your expertise to help us keep growing. Please send an updated resume and target salary requirement. We look forward to hearing from you!
Location: Frederick MD or Bethesda MD
Manages proposals for federal government sector supporting all aspects of the proposal development lifecycle, including developing outlines and schedules; writing proposal content; and managing deadlines, writers, and teammates to develop compelling and compliant proposal responses. Manages the proposal libraries and configuration management of proposal content and business development components for accuracy, currency, and usability. This position is characterized by shifting priorities, stringent deadlines, and evening/weekend hours to accomplish tasks within non-negotiable client deadlines.
- Accountable for proposal management, layout, writing/editing, and production.
- Prepare a plan/schedule for each proposal effort, manage assignment, and collect and organize proposal content.
- Interpret technical information and adapts it to engage a targeted readership.
- Plan and proofread to ensure continuity and compliance with RFP requirements.
- Edit documents for format, grammar, style, punctuation, and spelling.
- In support of task orders led by program managers, assist in the completion of the TO proposal, production, and quality assurance.
- Prepares and manages data calls, coordinating receipt of information from prime and subcontractors.
- Coordinates the efforts of diverse sets of authors to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks through various proposal review cycles.
- Support Past Performance creation and updating of narrative.
- Manage/Write Requests for Information (RFI)/Sources Sought responses.
- Support the Corporate Development Manager to review and edit marketing-related documents
- Responsible for continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge in order to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity.
- Work collaboratively with staff in all GRSi offices.
- Provide general research related to marketing initiatives as required, participate in meetings and activities, such as industry days, as needed.
- Assist in general writing and editing, to include deliverables.
- Provide QA/QC of documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty efficiently and competently with minimal supervision. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to effectively work under pressure in a team-oriented environment supporting a high-volume of work and manage multiple deadlines with a positive attitude.
Education and/or Experience:
- BA or BS in English, communications, marketing, liberal arts, or related discipline, preferred; followed by five+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience writing and editing for a professional services firm.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience coordinating proposals with quality and consistency.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing the entire proposal process.
- Should have a thorough understanding of government federal contract proposal efforts, government RFP documentation, procurement process, proposal preparation, and evaluation and compliance.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, demonstrating flexibility, accountability, initiative, and self-motivation to identify and execute tasks.
- Must be a self-starter and possess ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines while meeting quality standards and on-time delivery; may require overtime to meet deadlines, sometimes on short notice.
- Must possess strong grammar and writing skills, including proofreading.
- Must be detail oriented, organized and have the ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- MS Office - Word, PowerPoint and Excel and Adobe Acrobat.
- Graphics programs a plus: Adobe Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Internet skills