One of our top clients, a cutting edge manufacturer, in Dalton, GA is seeking a team lead for their 2nd shift injection molding operations. This is a great company run by leadership that truly values and empowers their employees. Position requires solid knowledge of injection mold process.
- Responsible for working with and overseeing personnel to assure quality and production standards and that a safe operation is maintained.
- Responsible for maintaining a working knowledge of the molding machine operation manuals, auxiliary equipment operation manuals, chiller system, cooling tower system, air compressors, power distribution system and plant wide operating and emergency procedures.
- Participate in the maintenance of molds.
- Responsible for auditing that all jobs run to prescribed cycle times.
- Responsible for performing machine or mold troubleshooting as required. Also, responsible for troubleshooting product related problems and adjusting equipment as required to maintain quality standards.
- Responsible for all start up/shut down, color changes and production runs of all orders.
- Responsible for periodically checking production parts, machines and support equipment for conformance to standards and proper operating conditions and filling out correlating paperwork.
- Responsible for working with management to insure that production meets customer standards that have been established.
- Responsible for communications between the Shift Supervisor and with Management on all aspects of shifts and molding operation.
- Responsible for communications on the shift, between all shift personnel, on all aspects of the shift and molding operation.
- Responsible for filling out all forms pertaining to Plant operations properly and on time.
- Responsible for recommending improvements in productivity and organization in our operation.
- Responsible for insuring that accurate production counts are recorded and posted.
- Responsible for supervising personnel for maximum performance for cost efficiency.
- Responsible for the welfare of assigned employees, conduct of department employees and control of all activities in the best interest of the Company.
- Responsible for recording all injuries and for taking corrective action for any safety defects.
- Responsible for rotating shifts with other Supervisors for Plant interaction and training purposes.
- Responsible for the training of all personnel on his/her shift
- High school graduate or equivalent (a combination of work education and work experience may be considered in lieu of diploma.)
- Must be familiar with Injection molding machines
- Must be familiar with auxiliary equipment that pertains to injection molding
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the injection molding field.
- Computer skills including: MS Office, Excel, Email