Growing industrial manufacturer is looking for a Plant Manager to add to their leadership team.
JOB SUMMARY: Directs and coordinates activities of the production department(s) in processing materials and manufacturing products by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
1. Reviews production orders and schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
2. Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products and draws up master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates according to customer orders and sales forecasts.
3. Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
4. Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
5. Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
6. Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
7. Resolves worker grievances.
8. Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data.
9. Analyzes production specifications and plant capacity data and performs mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, tools & machinery, and human resource requirements.
10. Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
11. Prepares production reports.
12. Prepares and recommends department budget to management.
13. Reviews & maintains department budget.
14. Prepares purchase orders to obtain materials, tools and equipment for approval by management.
15. Responsible for enforcing safety policies and standards.
16. Total responsibility for product quality.
17. Manage inventory levels of assigned profiles to ensure timely shipment and efficient inventory turns
18. Enforce housekeeping standards.
19. Coordinate with Maintenance Department to ensure proper upkeep of equipment.
20. Total responsibility for maintenance of tooling to ensure extrusion of a quality product.
21. Enforce company policies and regulations.
22. Conduct yearly performance evaluations of subordinate personnel, providing constructive feedback to each individual.
23. Administrative tasks as necessary.
24. Provide necessary support and resources to Group Leaders to assist them in the performance of their duties
25. Oversee the operation of the production plant during off-shifts and weekends.
26. Accept and sign off new and replacement tooling
27. Provide support to QA to resolve quality problems and customer issues.
28. Work with QA and Process Engineering to resolve quality issues
29. Raw Material Usage
30. Work customer demands
31. Order supplies for Production Department.
32. All other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Engineering or related degree; or at least 5 year years related experience in a manufacturing facility in a management role; or equivalent combination of education and experience.