Master Scheduler / Planner
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The key function in this role is to lead the monthly Sales & Operating Plan meeting and coordination to comprehend demand signals, work with planning, manufacturing operations, and other cross-functional departments to develop short- and long-term demand-supply plan and achieve execution excellence. You will motivate, lead, and guide planners to continue to develop process and tools used across the enterprise for planning efficiency, increased collaboration with internal and external partners and ensure the translation of demand into supply plan to seamlessly serve business expectations. You will work with sales and customer service to prioritize order fulfillment and achieve on-time delivery goals. Resources are focused on continuous improvement of the movement of materials through production processes, and the establishment of key performance metrics and benchmarks to monitor actual performance against goals. This is a high visibility position with high potential for career growth opportunities with ability to affect positive change and business performance.
1. Lead and manage the monthly Sales & Operating Plan meeting and management of the Master Production Schedule (MPS) to optimize the production plan.
2. Manage day-to-day increases/decreases to the schedule following discussions with Materials, Manufacturing and Customer Service personnel to fulfil the weekly and firm period MPS plan (Schedule Attainment). Coordination of information flow between planning, warehouse, and production team.
3. Generate all reports and communication at different levels as required.
4. Perform daily planning across multiple value streams to optimize output with reduced changeovers and waste.
5. Work closely with Sales and Marketing to establish Sales forecast in support of the S&OP process.
6. Work closely with Manufacturing to support inventory levels / Manufacturing plan.
7. Work closely with Manufacturing and New Product Development.
8. Update / Execute the MRP roll up monthly or as needed. Work closely with Materials group to maintain proper inventory levels of all components in support of the Master Production Schedule.
9. Align MPS with MRP FG Code strategy, maintaining SAP parameters according to changes in demand, ECN, etc.
10. Coordinate manufacturing activities to develop a balanced schedule, fully utilizing essential lean tools and kaizen continuous improvement to achieve excellence.
11. Develop and implement lean strategies to improve operation, quality, cost, and inventory control, using tools such as pull systems, JIT, set-up reductions
12. Participate, coach, and lead continuous improvement efforts
13. Leadership and development of the team
14. Proven effective establishment of Master Production Schedule. Ability to work under limited supervision.
15. Strong computer skills and competent use of Microsoft office products particularly Word and Excel; working knowledge of Inventory Management / Material and Production Planning (MM, PP), ERP Systems (SAP).
16. Excellent organization skills and the ability to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
Education /Skills /Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
· 5+ years of experience as Production/Materials Planner
· Purchasing, Materials and Warehouse management additional experience is desired
· Strong SAP and computer skills MS Office tools and Power BI.
· Fluent in English, both written and spoken
· Extended knowledge of planning processes (MRP, MPS, S&OP)
· APICS qualification highly desirable
· Basic knowledge of Lean Production (Value Stream Mapping, Material Replenishment and Flow, PFEP, etc.)
· General knowledge of Operations / Manufacturing processes such as stamping, molding, assembly.
· Project implementation/ Management
· Capability to drive and sustain performance improvements
· Product understanding and business acumen.
ConfidentialWhy Work Here?
We are world class manufacturer looking for a great new addition to our existing team!
AddressFort Lauderdale, FL
ManufacturingView all jobs at Confidential