Responsible for completion of general maintenance tasks, including; service requests, turnover functions and curb appeal, repair most major and all minor mechanical systems, complete all service orders with minimal call-backs. Ensure that the property is clean and free of trash, vacant apartments are clean and all common areas are well maintained, provide professional customer service at all times.
Primary responsibilities will entail performing service request for our buildings including plumbing, electrical, HVAC, appliance repairs, general carpentry & related hardware, interior/structure development/care, painting, and residential apartment turn-over.
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Responds quickly and courteously to resident requests for maintenance service, troubleshooting the source of the problem and taking appropriate action to repair and or restore service.
- Maintains building by performing plumbing, electrical wiring, HVAC, and other related maintenance activities.
- Prepares all vacant apartments to a market-ready condition.
- Repairing and treating structures such as showers, sinks, appliances, doors/cabinets, walls and building exteriors.
- Performs on-call emergency service as required.
- Perform painting and wall repair for preparation for new tenants.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bi-lingual, English and Spanish
- Minimum 1 year experience
- Must be proficient in most areas of apartment maintenance including plumbing, electricity, painting drywall, floor coverings, carpentry, locks, appliances, pools & spas, roofs.
- HVAC Certification
- Ability to function effectively in customer service atmosphere
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job
- Available for emergency call duties and weekend work
Ability to lift 50 – 100 lbs following appropriate safety procedures; Work in an upright standing position for long periods of time; Crawl in small and tight spaces; Ability to work in different environmental working conditions (e.g. heat, cold, wind, rain); Walk and climb stairs; Handle, finger, grasp and feel objects and equipment; Reach with hands and arms; Communicate, receive and exchange ideas and information by means of the spoken and written word; Ability to quickly and easily navigate the property/building as required to meet the job functions; Repeat various motions with the wrists, hands and fingers. Complete all required forms and work orders. Ability to work extended/flexible hours and weekends based on project requirement. The use of mechanical equipment is not permitted, only hand tools with previous training[P1] . Climb ladders and work at heights above ground level (max 8 ft.).