Are you at the start of your career and looking to create something magical in a family-oriented environment where your skills can be honed, while your opinion is valued and respected?
If this sounds like you, we have the perfect opportunity for you. We are a family law and civil litigation firm seeking a legal assistant. Position will begin as part-time employment and will likely turn into a full-time position for the right candidate.
• Keeps cases organized by establishing and organizing files; monitoring calendars; meeting deadlines; documenting actions; inputting information into file database and case management software; confirming case status with attorney.
• Helps develop cases by maintaining contact with people involved in the case; scheduling hearings and depositions; preparing and forwarding summonses and subpoenas; preparing and filing discovery requests; preparing responses to opposing counsel; generating status reports.
• Keeps clients informed by maintaining contact; communicating case progress.
• Maintains case costs by verifying outstanding balances with attorney, clients, and providers.
• Supports case preparation by preparing case summaries and materials for mediation conferences; preparing pleadings; monitoring and obtaining discovery responses; organizing materials for team case review.
• Enhances trial proceedings by organizing evidence; preparing exhibits; scheduling witnesses; ensuring that witnesses are ready when needed; taking courtroom notes.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Two-year degree or equivalent certification
• 2+ years’ working experience as a legal assistant
• Experience in family law preferred
• Knowledge of CORE
• Knowledge of Florida E-filing Portal
• Familiarity with MS Office
• Ability to type 60+ words per minute
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Able to take direction and work independently with little or no supervision
• Highly organized and detail-oriented