CAN LIVE ANYWHERE ON THE EAST COAST, HOME OFFICE BASED
Growing frozen food manufacturer is looking for a Business Development Manager.
- Develop and grow relationships with buyers in retail, club stores, food service, and commercial to build business. Work with brokers, distributors, and business partners to support the business.
- Present products, conduct category reviews, and use other related information with clients to gain sales and establish accounts. Including but not limited to: tabletop presentations, trade/industry events, coordinating in-store demos, and other field related activities.
- Develop and manage collaborative strategic partnerships and joint business plans with key customers.
- Define and implement account launch plans to drive sales, including initial trial, and meet both retailer and company expectations.
- Develop calendar for customer touch points - define who needs to be involved at each meeting, purpose for each interaction, etc.
- Set and Manage the annual, quarterly, and monthly sales targets and goals, and establish a plan for achieving them.
- Provide key inputs for demand planning - own the bottom-up forecast for the S&OP process for each account owned
- Coordinate advertising and marketing activities including but not limited to: shopper marketing, digital/social media and influencer campaigns, increasing awareness and sell-through with target demographics, and planning and deploying demos/sampling events.
- A Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from a four-year college or university.
- 5-7 years of CPG/food retail sales experience with proven success in attaining ambitious sales goals. Preference for , or experience in, selling refrigerated or frozen grocery items.
- Recent experience growing a brand and pioneering retail sales.
- A mix of large and small manufacturer experience in your background.
- Highly collaborative approach with ability to collaborate with all types of functions (R&D, Marketing, Finance, Strategy, Operations, etc.)
- Proven success working independently and navigating in an ever changing and often chaotic (and exciting) high growth environment.
- A positive attitude and drive to excel.
- Ability to travel more than 50% of the time.
Confidentialburner and exhaust manufacturing