Responsible for the day-to-day procedural operations of the Human Resources Department including on-boarding, benefit administration, associate relations, performance management, related HR generalist duties and special projects as assigned.
Associate Relations & Engagement
· First point of contact for all associates once hire is completed.
· Conducts On-Boarding process
· Ensures all associates are on-boarded within first week
· Develops and updates on-boarding presentation
· Follows up on relevant paperwork
· Ensures associates are given proper training in their departments
· Leads engagement initiatives to educate and invite associates to interact on associate related matters and discussions
· Proactively handle associate relations and retention issues to ensure positive outcome aligned with company values.
· Champion culture initiatives to drive associate engagement
· First point of contact for associates for all benefit related functions.
· Prepare and maintain related benefits records and reports.
· Support and facilitate benefit plan changes including open enrollment and associate communications.
· Administer short term disability and leave of absence programs.
· Partners with managers to drive effective ongoing performance management
· Monitor performance appraisal process to include reminders, associate meetings and processing salary increases
· Proceed independently with non-exempt Performance Management activities
· Oversees the Performance Management follow-up program and related activities
Related HR Generalist Duties
· Leads summer internship program for assigned area.
· Prepares and maintains Affirmative Action Plan ensuring compliance.
· Maintains HRIS reporting.
· Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment laws.
· Maintain associate recognition program.
· Review and verify new hire paperwork and I-9 documentation.
· Assist in developing new policies, department goals and objectives.
· Maintain accurate information on records retention for all HR Department files.
· Performs other related human resources duties as assigned
· Demonstrates solid understanding of HRIS systems and functions
· Demonstrates solid understanding of corporate and legal guidelines relevant to conflict resolution, formal/informal investigations and corrective actions
· Demonstrates solid understanding in administration of benefits such as STD/LTD, FMLA, etc.
· Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize HRIS, all benefit partner websites and MS Office applications.
· Works on assignments that are more complex in nature in which judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations
· Thorough knowledge of company and departmental policies and procedures
· Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of human resources generalist experience or related human resources experience.