Financially sound thermoplastic elastomer compounder is searching for a Formulation Chemist due to continued growth. This role is highly visible and a key member of the R&D team supporting 100’s of products. The role is responsible for developing and formulating TPE’s (Styrene-ethylene-butylene-styrene (SEBS) based compounds) and commercializing new products. Grow into increasing levels of responsibility and be considered a strong successor candidate within the functional organization. Role is located in Greater Boston area.
- Experience developing or reformulating TPE (thermoplastic elastomers) or TPV (thermoplastic vulcanizate) formulations.
- Experience collaborating with other departments to complete customer samples, product testing, and product scale-up.
- Experience providing technical information, assistance, and support to customers
- Experience providing technical support to the sales force in response to Technical Work Requests or Technical Service
- Experience reviewing new raw materials
- B.S. in Plastics or Chemical Engineering
- Must have hands-on industry experience in the formulation of TPE (thermoplastic elastomers) or TPV (thermoplastic vulcanizate)
- Self-motivated and able to operate independently in a fast-paced environment
- Work collaboratively with other departments to achieve successful commercialization of projects
- Highly organized with excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to pass a pre-employment and background screen
Must be eligible to work in the United States – NO sponsorships.
RELOCATION assistance provided.
The compensation package includes a competitive six-figure base salary and incentive program.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume with your application. Applications without a resume will delay review of your candidacy.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.