CAN LIVE ANYWHERE IN THE NORTHEAST, HOME OFFICE BASED
Job Title: Product Support Representative
Reports to: Service Manager
Department: Product Support
Job Summary: To build strong working relationship with customers and provide support regarding sales, service, parts, training and warranty of products.
- Assist customers to resolve problems with troubleshooting, repair or training as required in the field or by phone. Provide technical information as required.
- Conduct on-site formal training in operation, repair, maintenance, and safety aspects of the equipment
- Setup and attend trade shows and customer open houses
- Identify and assist in resolving problems related to service, parts, and warranty.
- Communicate field issues to functional departments to resolve quality, design, manufacturing or assembly issues.
- Schedule and perform inspections, evaluations, and repairs on equipment as requested. Provide written reports advising of machine/customer problems and details for billable time.
- Participate on design review and new product design teams
- Visit customer upon delivery of equipment.
- Complete and submit machine reports, call reports, expense account, and schedule itinerary
- Schedule travel – up to 80% overnight required
- Provide machine repair service to the field as required
- Provide phone coverage for the technical service call loop when in the office
- Provide input to Engineering and Marketing on competitive products
- Assist sales staff on sales calls
Competency or Position Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Education/Experience: Associates Degree or four to ten years related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills: Strong computer experience; preferably Microsoft Office including Excel, Outlook and Word; Knowledge of Power Point and Access helpful