The consultant works as part of a small to medium sized team throughout the entire software development life cycle. This will include facilitating requirements discussions with business subject matter experts, documenting requirements, designing a solution based on the designated software applications, configuring software, testing software modifications, rolling out production environments, training clients, and providing production support.
A Consultant has typically worked on two or more software implementation projects in a specific domain, with experience in every phase of the software development lifecycle (SDLC). A Consultant is able to solve complex problems and manages tasks with little direction from project leadership. A Consultant often serves as a Project Manager or technical team lead.
As a Consultant, you will:
• Define, document and review project requirements and use cases
• Lead requirement gathering workshops
• Create and comprehend requirements
• Provide technical and functional solutions through written and verbal communication
• Define, document and review project design mapping of client requirements to the technical solution
• Write QA documents (test plans, procedures, test reports)
• Learn and configure Oracle Utilities software
• Thoroughly test code and document tests and results
• Follow strict coding guidelines and adhere to corporate policies
This position requires up to 80% travel.
Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Technology field preferred
• At least 0-2 years’ experience working in software consulting or product development
• Knowledge of Oracle Utilities or any Meter Data Management application within the energy industry is a plus
• Experience utilizing the complete Software Development Lifecycle implementing packaged software solutions
• Solid logic, analytical skills and technical skills (e.g. Windows, SQL Server or Oracle, Crystal Reports, Oracle OBIEE, Java, IIS, XML)
• Experience with HTML, XML, XSL and XSLT is required
• Development experience with SOA, Java and Web Services is required
• Strong communication skills are a must (oral and written)
• Must be able to work as part of a team, maintain a good work ethic, be a self-starter
• Must be able to break down overwhelming problems in order to solve manageable sub components
• Must be able to learn new technology