Growing distributor is looking for a Operations Manager to manage the entire facility. Candidate needs to have a strong background in warehousing, logistics, distribution, as well as will manage drivers, purchasing, and customer service as well.
1. JOB PURPOSE
The incumbent is directly involved with all aspects of managing the day to day Operations. Must have the ability to analyze opportunities for improvement and implement strategic and operational plans. The incumbent will lead interdepartmental communications to improve operational efficiencies.
2. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
2.1. OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
· Management of the following departments:
o Customer Service
· Implement and drive company and departmental metrics to achieve the companies’ overall objectives
· Review Quality procedures and processes and identify opportunities for continuous improvement
· Lead by example in adherence with culture and values statements.
· Improve the level of service offered to our customers via unique and new service initiatives.
· Identify longer term strategies for expansions of department to meet customer’s needs
· Identify ways to improve materials handling in the warehouse
· Identify and implement better inventory management practices.
2.2. INTERDEPARTMENTAL COMMUNICATIONS
· Work closely with all departments to improve the communications and efficiencies.
· Forge close working relationship with our Sales team to meet their, and our customer’s requirements
· Positively impact the culture
2.3. PERSONNEL DEVELOPMENT
· Identify training and development needs of each department Manager
· Conduct annual performance reviews of all direct reports
· Identify incentive programs and promotion opportunities for direct reports.
· Identify investment required in tools or people to achieve departmental objectives
2.4. MANAGEMENT COMMUNICATIONS
· Act as the point person for all Operations internally and externally.
· Have ability to communicate with Senior Management as needed.
· Work on projects for Senior Management as needed.
· Generating reports as required.
3. KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
The incumbent is required to have a minimum of seven years’ experience in the field of Distribution, Warehousing or Operations, with at least five years of Operations Management experience. The incumbent must have the ability to identify areas of improvement to our processes and procedures and be able to clearly execute this plan. As a key manager in our organization, this individual needs to be able to lead a department by improving the level of support and service that we provide to our customers. The incumbent must be able to monitor metrics and analyze trends that are occurring. A bachelor degree in business or a related field is required, with an advanced degree preferred.
The incumbent must demonstrate exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, as they will be responsible for interacting with customers, colleagues and management on a daily basis. The ability to work in a team environment, prioritize work assignments and act independently to resolve potential conflicts are all requirements of this position.
A fluency in Microsoft Office is required.