The Creative Director has a combination of digital and print knowledge, leadership experience and marketing savvy, at both an agency and corporate level. Position will listen to the strategic needs of the brand’s stakeholders and cross functional teams and translate concepts to the overall quality and delivery of the creative work, ranging from print media to digital presentations within the brands Marketing function, overseeing execution and delivery, including timelines and budgets while ensuring brand standards are met. The goal is to bring business strategies to life using promotional vehicles, brand campaigns, digital assets and rich story-telling that resonates with our customers and differentiates our brand within its category, meeting customer expectations and drive our sustainable growth. Works to ensure brand direction and all outputs are consistent and tactically aligned and provides guidance to the creative team on all projects.
· Lead Concepting/Art Direction supporting campaigns and promotions in partnership with strategic partners within the team.
· Lead the creative development of seasonal campaigns and lead all creative work from concept through to execution, understanding the distinct messaging needs for each marketing program and remaining a catalyst partner within the team for developing the best solution(s).
· Create customer-centric concepts by applying high creative standards to the team’s design skills that deliver on the defined business objectives.
· Develop and manage multiple creative projects from concept to completion that meet the business objectives and strategies of the French Toast brand and uses best practices in design and content development across a wide breadth of channels and treatments.
· Cross-functional leader who is able to engage, listen and collaborate with internal departments/teams to align early on in terms of overall strategy and goals, and to see the cross-functional collaboration through launch.
· Catalyst for creative thinking and non-traditional solutions.
· Thoughtful leader that is expert at crafting visual stories that support both brand and product, driving and motivating creative inspiration and process for Marketing.
· Responsible for the design direction of all design needs including: weekly ad format/concepts, e-commerce assets and UX, Responsible for the design and creation of all marketing design needs including catalogs, logos, packaging, display graphics, hangtags, sales collateral, trade show materials, internal and external presentations, swag, banner ads, e-commerce assets and UX, digital marketing, promotions, social media content, event collateral, private label packaging, in-store collateral and any other branded materials and special projects
· Revise content and presentations, approve/reject ideas, provide feedback to the team
· Write and design unique and well-crafted copy that meet clients’ needs as well as our own.
· Manage the creative pipeline, triage priorities and resources, and nurture creative talent within budget and timelines.
· Strategize and create the company’s trade show design
· Preserve the core-essence while bringing forth new perspectives and ideas.
· Translate and interpret the creative briefs from Brand/Category leaders and develop outputs that support the strategy and customer impact intent for the work.
· Initiate design direction and have a clear point of view; communicating cross-functionally as a seasoned partner and working well in a team environment.
· Meets work quality standards while resolving operational problems effectively and identifying work process improvements for the creative team.
· Instruct the team to drive for continual improvement in process and creative output through feedback and insights.
· Direct and motivate creative team through ideation, conception, development, execution and follow through of the experience and develop them to use their talents effectively Lead brainstorming/creative sessions to generate ideas for content, campaigns and new approaches to meet our business objectives.
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience and experience managing designers and creative teams (both external and internal).
- BA in Arts or Graphic Design or BFA.
- Proven experience as a creative director or in a similar creative role
- Hand-on experience in creative process, marketing, graphic design and brand development
- Excellent working knowledge with a variety of design software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign among others.
- Proven ability to lead and inspire strategic creative development
- Affinity for working in a team environment. Positive, entrepreneurial spirit that enables adaptability and ability to set and achieve goals collaboratively.
- Experience working with and/or running photography studios.
- Ability to partner well with all cross-functional teams across organization; strong relationship building skills.
- Strong interpersonal and great persuasive communication skills & able to respond positively and calmly to shifting priorities, demands and timelines