CFO Chief Financial Officer
Confidential Detroit, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Growing industrial manufacturer is looking for a CFO to add to their executive team. Candidate can work remote (ideally southeast region) and travel to North Carolina once a month.
Key must have’s
- M&A experience with a PE firm.
- Must have acquired at least 3 companies as CFO for a PE holding
- Experience with integrating new companies
- Experience preparing the company for an acquisition strategy
- Cost based accounting required
- Supply chain experience
- Ideally target CFO’s in companies around 30 to 50M.
The CFO position is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company. This will include overseeing and improving the Company’s current financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
Principal accountabilities are:
1. Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives;
2. Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans;
3. Develop financial and tax strategies;
4. Manage the annual budgeting processes including monthly updates throughout each year, measuring variances and identifying potential areas of concern or opportunity;
5. Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction.
Operations and Analysis
1. Develop comprehensive pricing and costing analyses to allow management to efficiently identify areas for profit enhancement via cost reductions and pricing improvements;
· Emphasis on manufacturing overhead absorption;
· Analysis of appropriate overhead hourly rates for costing and pricing purposes.
2. Prepare analyses for all capital request decisions showing return on investment timeframe and magnitude;
3. Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team;
4. Manage the accounting, human resources, shareholder reporting, legal, tax, and treasury departments;
5. Manage any third parties to which functions have been outsourced (including all vendors);
6. Oversee the company's transaction processing systems;
7. Assist management in identifying opportunities to improve cash flow via inventory management, vendor terms and overall profit enhancement;
8. Implement operational best practices;
9. Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package.
1. Oversee the issuance of financial information;
2. Report monthly financial results to the board of directors.
1. Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile;
2. Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry;
3. Construct and monitor reliable control systems;
4. Maintain appropriate insurance coverage;
5. Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements;
6. Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies;
7. Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors;
8. Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations.
1. Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts;
2. Arrange for debt financing as needed.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Confidential